1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Lin or Not to Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TC777JLIN168, May 21, 2013.

1. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I never thought I would say this.... but Lin before the lock.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This confirms all original thoughts on OP.

4. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

You lin some and you lose some ... C'est la vie.

5. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Can't wait until Chris Tang get into the league for more Asian puns.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

to tank or not to tank.....

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I would cut McHale some slack and not say he is like Woodson the tool. Harden was actually traded for after training camp. I think it was just an easy way out. He was figuring it out the end of the season with the 'sticky' comments. We'll see next season if his offense is more organized and take it to another level.

8. wapz

wapz Member

good read

9. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

TC....thanks for the post. The comments (pro article) were interesting.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That is a complimentary article. Comparing Lin to an established star is great news for us!

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Somebody betta show me a link that actually has anything to do with Lin or the ROckets or this is getting closed....we have enough threads around for you schmucks to piss at each other already. That link goes to the front page of some asian sports site that I see no mention of the Rockets on

same goes for you TJ vs TR...link it or dont post it.

12. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

OP's link doesn't work for me either, but I found the link for the article TJ vs TR posted, so I guess that was the original link:
    http://sportige.com/new-york-knicks...than-building-around-carmelo-anthony-05-2013/

13. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Link seems to work for me... It does redirect, though. Here's the final URL: http://sportige.com/new-york-knicks...than-building-around-carmelo-anthony-05-2013/

14. jocar

jocar Member

I agree that team bball, movement, and open opportunity shots are what's best for the team. But it's funny how none of the blame ever falls on Lin's shoulders in some of these biased articles and comments. Put any all-star guard in Lin's place without changing a thing or saying a word and the Rockets offense would organically change. No Mchale or Harden or Woodson or Melo to blame everything else on. Confidence and leadership - either use it, or lose it. It's not that hard to see if you try to be objective.

The last sentence in that article should've said "Now man the eff up and grab hold of the reins as floor general, because no one is going to do it for you." See Raymond Felton, JR Smith, Patrick Beverley, and Aaron Brooks. And tell your fans that the victim card got real old, real fast.

1 person likes this.
  15. verysimplejason

I like the way Spurs game works. It's applicable to Rockets also that's why I think we're a good PF away from contending. If only McHale can see it...

16. cw3k

cw3k Member

Unfortunately, McHale is here to stay. As long as McHale still head coach of the Rockets, we will never win the championship. Even western final is questionable.

1 person likes this.
  17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The articles premise is that one player can't win, and then it says they should have traded Anthony and kept Lin. Wtf?

This isn't even worthy of a Clutchfans thread, much less an article on another website to be linked here.

18. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

-FIFY

19. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

What happens was, I clicked that link and it didn't work. Then I tried it a few more times it worked and showed that article. So I figured others are going to have the same problem therefore I posted it.