1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Flop or not to Flop, that is the question...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Feb 7, 2012.

Tags:
?

To Flop or not to Flop, that's the question...

1. To Flop

26 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Not to Flop

59 vote(s)
    69.4%
  1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Clearly, you do not watch any Laker games.

Kobe does the verbal flop (scream down the lane), he does complain to refs a lot. But he pretty much never flops (falling to the ground to sell contact)

LBJ on the other hand.......

2. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Whatever gets the points?

3. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I ain't fer it, i'm aggin it!
    -Grandpa Simpson

4. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

You gotta adjust to the way the refs are calling the game. It's not worth losing a game because you don't like flopping. Until these refs get their stuff together, do what it takes to win.

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Flopping is dishonest, and players should receive a technical foul for doing so. Just my opinion.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wonder how many people that are now saying "Do whatever it takes" have whined about the flopping in soccer?

DD

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Flopping isn't going anywhere.

David Stern is clearly pro-flopping based on the first few seconds of this video.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DgPHIT61FfU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Until such day as refs start calling fouls properly instead of in response to theatrics, do what you must.

Flopping isn't a team problem or a player problem, it's the league's officiating. If the league wants to listen to the fans and crack down on it, I'm ALL for the supposed T-for-flopping rule that never really happened or the fine-for-flopping rule they announced, didn't enforce, and retracted. But the best possible solution is to train referees that call a foul based on the foul they saw and not the foulee's reactions.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Cancerous says DD. Cancerous says me.

There is nothing professional about flopping, NOTHING.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hate it. Hate it when the Rockets do it, hate it when opposing teams do it. Hate the "offensive" flopping, hate the defensive flopping. Flopping is terrible! Those who flop should be ashamed of themselves. The refs who allow/call it should also be ashamed of themselves.

#30 J.R., Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't watch soccer.

It doesn't matter what game it is though. You play to win the game.

12. Miracles Boys33

I hate floppers they ruin the game

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I don't have a problem at all with "selling a foul." And I agree that Scola isn't as bad as some make him out to be (old habits die hard... ask Mr. Willis!), but he's pretty bad, nonetheless, although he's toned it down a bit from his high level of flopping earlier in his NBA career. But some reach the level of an artist, the equivalent of the lead dancer of Russia's Bolshoi Ballet. On the Rockets, that would be Kevin Martin. Lowry? He's like a kid stealing a cookie from the cookie jar in a crowded kitchen, at least late in the game last night. Usually, you don't see a closeup of the flopper's face at the height of his performance, the camera seeing it from a remove. Not with Kyle on that play. If I hadn't been busy groaning from his facial expressions, I would have been laughing like hell. It was that funny and that obvious. Puck in the Bard's A Midsummer Night’s Dream, writ large on the NBA stage.

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The Australian soccer team was knocked out of World Cup thanks to an Italian super flop...the guy flew like superman pretending to get tripped when video showed there was no contact...but they won they game because of that flop.

The only people who bring it up or remember it is the guys on the losing side.

Win at all costs?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I remember that foul in the box on the left hand side, just inside the line, it was a clear flop.

The Italians and Portuguese are the worst at it, I really with FIFA and the NBA would clean it up, even after the fact.

DD

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The Nuggets broadcast was slamming Scola, Martin, and the Rockets, in general, for being floppers. Did I hear incorrectly, or did they say something along the lines of "that's why they'll be sitting at home watching in April as usual"? lol.

17. spence99

spence99 Member

They should fine the refs when they fall for the flops. The NBA should do something about flopping - it takes away from the excitement of the game. You don't see nearly as many blocked shots anymore. That's because a defender now just jumps in front of the guy driving to the hoop and falls backwards. He's more likely to get that call than to block the shot. I wish flopping were gone because I would rather see blocked shots.

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The Nuggets broadcasters were bagging us all night...
    'oh he'll get the call because he's Luis Scola'

All Martin does is drive throw his hands in the air...

Blah blah blah...

We won, I'm happy.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Lol at all the hypocritical statements on here. I don't care if we use to our advantage. Flopping still sucks and needs to be removed.

20. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I know Lowry pulls this move, but I'm REALLY getting tired of guards "pulling the brakes" on players running behind them. Nash did it the other night too. You just sense or hear someone running behind you nearby, get RIGHT in front of them, hunch down a bit and just stop! Its BS and really fcking annoying to get called on when its so obvious in the way that he slows and hunches over before he even gets hit. Holy sht basketball has just hit so many lows...

that being said, I actually don't mind flopping when a foul has actually been committed. Ghost flops and all annoy the sht out of me, all the CP3 windmill tornado flops and people just doing wild sht to get to the line annoys the crap out of me, but in general whne you're just highlighting that you HAVE been hit...dont really mind.