1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Clutch: Let The Cat Out The Bag On Rons Behavior

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Please spill it, Clutch! I've been wanting to know this ever since you made that post before the trading deadline. Wish I could find it. Was this the one:

Ooooh FOUND IT: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=4235944&highlight=artest#post4235944

It's a later date now! Please Clutch- let's hear it!

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe he's waiting until it officially happens. Don't leave anything to chance with Ron Artest.

3. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

some guys are just blind haters. that's all i know. i don't try to understand them anymore.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am amazed that these are the same folx that want to slob Battier's nob
    about his 'intangibles. but won't give ron [or anyone else] props for theirs

Ron brought Toughness. Battier is smart. . . sacrificing but RON BROUGHT TOUGH

Everyone wants to act like we would have done as well or better without Ron
    Well . .the reality is. . . the isht didn't happen
    without Ron . . we were 1st round fodder for the last 5 yrs

Every player has their faults
    but folx wanna act like he brought nothing to the table

It is nothing but sour grapes around here
    I ain't happy he gone. . . . I ain't overly upset either
    but he did the d*mn thing and we got out of the 1st round
    and he had alot to do with that

Rocket River

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Management is never in a hurry to lock up a loose cannon.

Past trangressions aside, Ron Artest is not even close to an efficient offensive option... and for a team in transition, you'd be mighty stupid to invest in him potentially being your #1 option.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Spite the Present Rockets???
    Ron is gone. . but to purposely LIE . . just to make yourself feel better is wack

Ron came. . .Ron did what he does
    . . .we got out of the 1st round for the 1st time in 12 yrs
    Those are the Facts

Ya'll wanna throw him under the bus cause he moved on
    that is you . . but We *did* get out of the 1st round
    we *did* get an exciting second round
    I'm just grateful to everyone that assisted in that feat. . . including Ron

IMO - Replace Ron with TMax . .and we don't get out the 1st round
    Remove Ron from the team . . and left it as it was [no tmac]
    . . . and we don't get out the 1st round

Rocket River

7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Agreed with Rocket River. Rockets had not got out of the 1st round since Charles Barkley was part of the team. And then Ron came in for ONE year and the Rockets finally managed to win a series and took the mighty Lakers to Game 7 with the best player out for 4 games. I don't think that's a coincidence.

8. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Well, I'm sure Clutch is always busy and it's summer...

But seeing "The Top 5 Teams For Rockets To Plunder in Trades" at the top of the page does make my stomach hurt. That article seems like such a long time ago.

9. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure the first thing Clutch will do when he gets back is change his sig.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rocket River is the OFFICIAL voice of reason around here, b/c the BS was starting to get pretty deep.

That tends to get lost during the initial surge of emotion but it is necessary b/c the revisionists in here feed off that stuff.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ron did seem so fake whenever a camera or microphone was near him.

12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Of course it's a coincidence. If your logic held true, guys like Shane Battier would get huge articles written about them in the New York Times talking about what 'winners' they are, just because their team happened to have success with them on the roster.

Oh wait...

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's fighting for a contract. a lot of players/celebs are fake in public. have you seen kobe bean bryant?

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Ron played in control, he was a contributor. Problem was he never played in control.

Phil Jackson thinks he can manage him. But Ron Artest makes Dennis Rodman look like a choir boy.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Sure didn't take long for you guys to turn on Ron.

I thought he gave a great effort for us last year, on and off the court.

There's no disputing that he loved being in Houston, with this team, and that he was on his best behavior as a result. That can't be easy for him and I, for one, appreciate it.

It was a great run and Ron was a huge part of it. He drove me crazy forcing up ill-advised shots too, but last year was special and you can't take away Ron's participation in that.

He's made a fan of me, wherever he plays in the future.

1 person likes this.
  16. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I appreciate what Ron Ron did for us last year, yes he jacked up shots, yes he did some stupid crap, but he also commanded a double team when he got in the post, played pretty good defense and lit a fire under a very SOFT team.

We got out of the first round and Ron Ron was a factor in that whether or not you guys want to believe it OR don't want to believe us because he bolted.

That being said, I'm happy with our move, in the short term its def. a downgrade, but Ariza's potential (even maybe just next year) with a (-knock on wood-) healthy Yao ming, and a young core, could be amazing.

I guess we will find out, but here to Ron Ron reestablishing his crazy in LA and messing that up.

17. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

This. I wish it weren't the Lakers, but still.

18. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I totally agree... I like Artest and his personality, doesn't make a difference whether he's on the Rockets or not.

It's always amusing seeing the irrational homer fans. I guess I'm just a non-emotional logical type of person.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Turned on him, I NEVER liked the guy. I don't think he wanted to be here, I think he just played everything smart.

20. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

When Ron LAUGHED at Tmac for getting hung on the rim, I lost all respect for him and he showed his true colors. Tmac had a severly injured knee that needed microfracture surgery. The Rockets doctors have proven to be awful and now the main doctor is leaving the team. Tmac was really hurt, and his own teammate was on the bench laughing at him. Artest couldn't hold tmac's jock when both healthy. Good riddance to Artest. He only played hard this year for his contract, now the lakers get 3 years of him back to his usual crap now that he's gotten paid.