1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Clutch: Let The Cat Out The Bag On Rons Behavior

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Jul 3, 2009.

1. mic

mic Contributing Member

I really do think it's only a matter of time before RonRon disrupts the chemistry in LA.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't think I implied that they couldn't make a good movie together? Godfather 2 was also fantastic...

Righteous Kill was very very bad however....

To get the thread back on track, I'd love to hear what Clutch knew about Artest...

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I wasn't saying that you were implying anything. I was just mentioning that Heat had those 2 and was a good movie. Your post was the most recent about those 2 and I just quoted yours for continuation, which I'll end now lol.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yea I thought we were going to get some inside info when Ron was supposed to be moved last year at the deadline, but it fell through. Dirt!

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

through all that . . . . He still manage to take the rockets further
    than they have ever been with #1

Rocket River

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL, before all this, people said T-Mac was the problem. Now, Artest leaves and everyone says hes was the chemistry killer. I'm sure going to miss his 39% and 29% from the 3PT in the playoffs. :(

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed Rocket River,
    This is sour grapes. Revisionist history. Ron was not that bad of a problem last year, or we would have traded him at the deadline (remember, he was a 1-yr rental). His value was such that we were willing to lose him for nothing because he gave us a chance to win it all last year. I guess a guys rep always trumps the good things he does going forward ... like helping us get past the first round; something T-Max-contract could never do.

Leave the dude alone and be thankful for one of the best years we've had in recent team history. Ron was a big part of that.

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

...true, which is why #1 is ALSO on his way out.

Ron went loco in 2 playoff games.

bu-bye to both Ron and Tracy.

9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I don't remember Ron taking the Rockets anywhere. It was a team effort. If anything he was dragging ass behind the others.

1 person likes this.
  10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What the Hell does RIchard Justice know about the Rockets?

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

dammit. you ruined the movie for me. i wanted to see the de niro and pacino movie, but i didnt know/remember it was called Righteous Kill

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Richard has more reliable sources about this team than the rest of the Houston media contingent combined, most likely. Whether you agree with his blog opinions (usually sarcasm, by the way) is one thing, but from an information standpoint, he definitely knows a lot. If something happened behind closed doors, he's more likely to know about it than any other reporter there.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I always wonder this logic of hanging the "getting past the first round" on one single player.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

ron didn't take the rockets anywhere the man is a cancer. He is an awesome interview and a great competitor but the rockets would have done as well without him. Imo

I want Donte Green back !

Glad he is gone, it was exactly as I said before we got him, he is just not a good fit.

DD

15. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

Ron did what he had to do for the Rockets to stay competitive. With no McGrady, he had to be that second scorer behind Yao and that's why he took so many bad shots. He brought a defensive toughness to this team and gave us an edge that we never could have had. Sure he didn't make the wises choices, but we lived with that when our best scorer was gone.

We should be nervous about what the Lakers have now. Ron is now only the 3rd or 4th scorer and all he has to do is stand on the wing and jack up 3's just like he likes it. Kobe doesnt have to play defense anymore on the best player. That's all Ron. The only thing I can see happening...and it's very likely, is that Kobe and Ron disagree on something..Kobe blames Ron and Ron goes Rambo on him. They will be forced to trade Ron at the deadline.

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

How did he manage to take the team? It was a total team effort. Artest was a joke in the playoffs averaging a 38% field goal percentage.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol how can you accuse someone of revisionist history when you're doing it yourself? Last year was a total team effort, just like every year when we got wiped out at the playoffs. In Artest's case the TEAM brought him up, while in Tmac's case the TEAM dragged him down (except last year when he let everybody down). Yeah, let's see how far Artest and his 38% fg, 28% 3 pt shooting will take us if he had Ryan Bowen, Juwon Howard and Mike James instead of AB, Scola and Landry...

1 person likes this.
  18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh REALLY? When that stupid trade was made and I posted that I would not watch the Rockets play with Ron Artest, wasn't it you who gleefully told me not to let the door hit me in the butt on the way out? You were right there jostling for position in the line forming to kiss "Ron-Ron's" crazy a$$. Now he's a "cancer" because he showed his rear end to you and the rest of the Rocket wienies who were so willing to embrace this nut with open arms while pretending that he's had magically changed his stripes. Well each and every one of you should be happy today because you got exactly what you asked for: you got the "Ron Artest Experience" up close and personal...in HD. Does it "taste great" or is it "less filling"?

The hallmark of all those lost years under Carroll Dawson was how he continuously failed to acquire young talent in the draft while trading away draft choices for so-called veteran players who never really amounted to much. Donte Green might have become a good player here but never got the chance because Morey decided to channel Dawson and go get psycho-Ron. Well, now he, you and the rest have to live with the fallout from that decision. I'll give him a pass on that "TMac+Yao" can be the cornerstone of a championship team fallacy because that was not his call. But this fubar is most definitely all on him - he gave up a promising young talent & a draft choice and all he's got to show for it now is the sight of Ron's behind headed to LA.

As of today, to me, the Rockets look NBA lotto bound. Let's just hope that Morey does a better job than his predecessor did during his 5 "visits" there.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That's like putting on a red dress and singing "The sun will come up tomorrrow!"...

20. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

You have to wonder sometimes . . . . Purposely praising a guy who ditched the rockets
    to spite a present rocket. . . .

where's the loyalty, folks