1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Bobby Sura....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cohen, Oct 29, 2007.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You've got to be kidding me. The same team that blew Games 3 and 4 at home (when winning just one of them would have basically put dallas away) and lost Game 7 by 40 points? This is your favorite Rockets team??

Man, I feel old.

2. allforone

allforone Member

we ? :confused: :cool:

3. MONON

MONON Member

Bobby, you showed us a glimpse of what you could be and then the bod shut down. Sure would've liked to see you in a Rox uni in your prime. You're one of my favorite players. Good luck.

4. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Man, I've seen this episode mentioned multiple times on this board but I haven't seen it! I searched on youtube and didn't find anything. Does anybody here have it? I want to see it really bad.

5. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Bobby and Barry really made 04-05 a lot of fun. Damn Mavs ruined it for us.

6. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

It was so gay. I was there at game seven and some of my gay Dallas friends from school told me that they showed me on the local news pouting in my Mac jersey.

I still do the three point ok thing with my fingers the team did that year when anything good happens to me.

God Dallas sucks sooo hard.

7. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Bobby Sura is the epitome of a competitor. He is the Craig Biggio of basketball. Sucks his career had to end like it did.

My favorite thing about Bob was every time down the court with the ball, he would take a trip through the lane, to make sure there were no easy scoring opportunities. Just doing that thirty times a game is giving up your body.

8. A00man

A00man Member

Sura once made Chuck Norris cry, so who the hell did Josh Howard think he was messing with!

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i would've loved to have sura and jb together for a while.

10. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

I liked him as well and its not his fault, but management dragged their feet for way too long before they cut him!

11. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I liked Sura's ability to cause 10,5,5 but injuries just slowed him down and by the time he was ready another injury came up,I think back injury and Sura didn't play last season.
    I don't think he will ever play,so he might consider a retirement.

12. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

That series loss is much easy to swallow than the 7 game loss to Utah.
    That series we were the better team.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uhh...better teams don't lose.

14. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

people who bounce shots off their own backboard to get the triple double have questionable character, it's funny but still...

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Thanks Bobby, you were always doing the un-expected for us... I don't know how you did it but with your short time (playing wise) on our roster you turned into one of my favorite rockets of all time. Let the Sura legacy continue

BTW that 04-05 team was the funnest rocket team to watch since our 94-95 team no doubt.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Coolest Rockets team in the last decade. Sura was a big part of making it so fun to watch. (Yes, I remember Game 7 and Dallas sucks.)