1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To all those that support Hillary and the Democratic Establishment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roxfreak724, Apr 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Have you looked at our debt and spending over the last 8 years?

FWIW it really doesn't matter what color underwear a politician wears, they all SPEND very well. A conservative would prefer to let people be responsible for themselves and the typical liberal voter today would like to leave that up to the government.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes, it's historically pretty low, probably too low. What is your question?

3. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

When compared to GOP candidates, Democrats are far more concerned about "the little guy." Sad, but true.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Yes, the deficit has been cut dramatically from when Obama took office. Obama has added about 90% to the debt, as compared to over 100% for Bush the lesser and over 200% for Reagan. In addition, spending growth under Obama has been far lower than any other modern president.

You're wrong about "the typical liberal voter," but that isn't surprising since you likely got this opinion from Bullsh!t Mountain.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think this such a false lie told by conservatives that it's really annoying.

Wish you would actually try to understand what liberal policy is. This is just intellectually lazy and dishonest.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't find it weird at all, ATW. I think quite a few people feel that way. Hillary's husband is arguably the finest American political speaker of his generation. He seems rather old and frail now compared to his salad days, but can still effortlessly give a speech off the cuff that far surpasses what Ms. Clinton can give on her best day with loads of prep. Secretary Clinton is well into her '60's now and fighting both a weight problem and a "What the hell do I wear today? That looks like a sack! Damn it, I should have stuck to that diet." problem. She's no longer the rather young (for the wife of a presidential candidate) rather attractive blonde who did such a great job on the campaign trail in '92 (I saw them at rallies twice and the couple were tremendously impressive). Since Bill was elected to his first term, she (and Bill, until he left office, then almost all attention was directed at Hillary) has been the target of unrelenting attacks in the far right media from then up until today. Heck, I don't doubt that a lot of the assaults on damn near everything about her by Fox News and its affiliates and Rush Limbaugh and his imitators for over 20 years have had quite an impact to those who barely follow politics (which is a dismaying percentage of American voters, except on rare occasions). It certainly appears to have impacted the thoughts of some of Senator Sanders' most ardent supporters here, although they will deny it.

What dismays me is seeing how many who view themselves as progressive and/or liberal are doing the work of the GOP for them, "with great vengeance and furious anger."

7. Remlap

Remlap Member

Dem's worship and adoration of Hillary Clinton is alarming.

She refused and neglected security for our embassy in Benghazi as Sec of State
    and then grabbed popcorn and actually watched our embassy staff get brutally murdered.
    Next day she concocts a story about some Anti Muslim video when she knew
    all along it was a a terrorist attack and her refusal for additional security that
    killed them.
    And her response is 'what does it matter'?

And someone says Dems 'stand up for the little guy'?
    I guess as long as you're not an Ambassador.

Then she commits felony treason by harboring top secret classified information
    on a 'secret' sever she is running out of her HOUSE with national security data!
    Running her own side business of transferring classified information!
    THIS is the person Dems trust as our Commander in Chief?!

Got our embassy staff killed and dabbles in transferring top secret info on the side.
    I guess ALL Dems live by the mantra 'what does it matter'?
    Hillary also had a 'private phone' to have 'off the record' conversations out of earshot of
    her State Dept issued phone. Another security no-no. Why? What is she hiding?
    But she claims she 'didn't know any better.
    SHE'S SEC OF STATE! IT'S HER JOB TO KNOW NATIONAL SECURITY!
    So if she's THAT stupid about national security do we really want her in the WH?
    Actually, she's a conniving liar. Plain and simple.
    Dems just bury their heads in the sand and shout 'WE LOVE YOU HILLARY'!

HAVE DEMOCRATS ANY SENSE OF SCRUPLES, ETHICS OR NATIONAL PRIDE?
    Please, even Bernie Sanders over this lying traitor.
    Even Bill chose other women over Hillary. Shouldn't Dems follow his example?

If you are reading this post, please take the time to cite Hillary's accomplishments
    as Sec of State.
    You'll likely only need 4 characters (N-O-N-E)

1 person likes this.
  8. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. okierock

Obviously you are not a small business owner. Obama is for Main Street and not Wall Street? Please.

Go ask a small business owner how that is working for them.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

And it's not just Obama. Small business has gotten steadily harder (statistically speaking) for the last 40 years, no matter who's president.

BTW, I do think Gladio runs a small business, last I checked.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize almost everything you posted isn't true and has been shown to be false, right?

I'm not a Hillary supporter and won't vote for her even if she wins the nomination, but there isn't any reason to spread lies like you are doing.

What we do know is that Hillary did not watch the attacks as they happened via some type of streaming video, the rumor that a reason for the attacks was because of a video came in part from the leader of the attackers who made that claim himself.

One of the reasons there wasn't more security in Benghazi was because of congress refusing to authorize more.

Like I said, there is plenty of reasons I don't support Hillary, but there is no need to spread lies and misinformation like you're doing.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For what it's worth I run a small architecture business and last year was one of our most profitable years and this year looks like the same.

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Oh, I see.
    The 'video' cover up was a conspiracy in itself?
    Some 'right wing' conservatives threw it out there to make Hillary look bad?
    It's a known fact that is was a complete fabrication on her part.

As far as Benghazi, her response is "What does it matter".
    I don't recall her vilifying Congress for not appropriating funds.
    Her job as Sec of State is to protect our staff. If there were no funds
    available for additional security after having multiple requests from the
    embassy, then a wise SoS would have simply pulled them out on Sep 11th
    to prevent a 'massacre'. Instead, we got the massacre.
    But hey, What does it matter?

Still, the 'secret server' and 'secret phone'.

Why are people trying to pretend this stuff never happened?
    The media glosses over it and goes on to what dress Bruce Jenner is wearing.

Hillary should be wearing an orange jumpsuit and making license plates,
    NOT running for President. Would be a disgrace to see her in the WH

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

And I still haven't seen anything regarding Hillary's accomplishments
    and what would make her a good President.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You need to slow down and let some actual facts sink in.

The intelligence agencies cited the video, and were told it was a reason of anger from attackers who were actually in the fight in Libya.
    http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013/benghazi/#/?chapt=0

Read it, if you care to try and learn some facts.

Hillary's quote about "What does it matter" was in reference to the fact that four Americans were dead at the hands of the attackers, and if they attacked because of a video or because they hate America for other reasons.
    http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/10/22/fox-host-takes-hillary-clinton-out-of-context-t/206347

As far as more security being denied by congress. It happened.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/12/politics/fact-check-benghazi-security/

Again there is plenty wrong with Hillary, but these lies your spreading have nothing to do with it.

Sorry Remap, I've provided evidence to support what I've said and that the information you're spreading is dishonest. You might look into who was giving you that information, and write them off as a news source.

#35 FranchiseBlade, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  16. Remlap

Remlap Member

I see. NY Times, Media Matters and CNN.

Gotcha. Liberal news sources good. Anything else is a lie.

You've done your job covering for her. But still haven't heard of
    any positive accomplishments. Seems to all be 'spin doctoring' her record.

Not gonna take the time to play pitch/catch here.
    This woman is bad for America. Everybody knows she has a
    dark side with her secret servers and cover ups.

Anybody but Hillary for President

17. MexAmercnMoose

let me know if you need any structural help...structural engineer here

18. okierock

Profitability can happen in spite of the political environment. My friends who run businesses like restaurants and gyms have had hell with new regulations and audits that they have never had in the past. These are people that have been in business for multiple administrations.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

That's the thing, people are social animals that live in communities. Everything they do impacts all the other people, in direct and indirect ways, that can be cumulative over time. You can't be responsible for your own infrastructure, your own security, your own safety and welfare. You can't necessarily overcome economic discrimination that has built over 200 years, you can't overcome catastrophic illness, deal with mental deficiencies etc.

If you consider everything from the "I" perspective, you probably need to live alone in the wilderness. The "government" is us, we the people acting collectively... except where it is the corporate overlords buying economic advantage.

20. okierock

The corporate overlords you speak of run the government.... we the people my a$$.

Obamacare is a law that says every single person in this country must purchase a product provided by a third party or get fined(if you have a job and enough money to pay). Do you think it's more likely "we the people" came up with that or those corporate overlords?