1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To all the Derek Fisher haters.. Why we love Scola

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidio840, Mar 15, 2012.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Rockets fans... We all HATE Derek Fisher, especially after the Scola cheap shot. However, we should be so lucky enough to have a true professional in Scola on our team. **** gets crazy in the heat of a playoff game. The fact that Scola can brush it off (I am sure Fisher can as well) makes Scola a professional and a fan favorite.

Let it just play out and see what happens. If Fisher is lackadaisical and has no effort on the court when he plays, then we can bash him (If he even plays, but I really don't see how he can't with just Dragic as our PG while Lowry is out).

If we can buy him out and sign a decent back up for Dragic until Lowry is back then I am all for it, but until that happens, Fisher is a Rocket and lets just hope he can help this team out and get into the playoffs.

2 people like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let it go.... He is as good as gone. With Lowry being out maybe 5-6 games, he is not worth all the talking

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I am so angry at losing Jordan Double Double Hill to the Lakers for Fisher...
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr... I almost backslid this morning when I heard the news.

4. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

repped

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You grew too attached to 'ass-ets'. This is a Morey world.

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

calm down brodi. Camby is an upgrade.
    as for Fisher, Flynn is worse lol

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Scola is just happy he is still a Rocket.

8. xAliceInChains

He was definitely the last person I would have chosen to be on my team in the league, and I almost instantly died when Woj messed up the initial break of the news saying we gave up a first, but with that said I hope he can help in any way until Lowry is back.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe he was a douche on the court and during playoffs but I do not think he is one off the court.
    He is the president of the player's organization, and he did help prevent a full lock out.

10. davidio840

Just based off the fact that he is the President of the NBPA obviously shows that he is a leader. Hell, even Kobe looks up to the guy. He is a proven winner and that is something that will really bring out the best in Lowry.

I am thinking Morey pulled the trigger on this trade (knowing Fisher has a year left in his contract) to back up Lowry and show him the Veteran tricks and etc. in the game and make Lowry the All Star he should have been this year and certainly an All Star for years to come on this team.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You forgot we still have Dragic for the remainder of the season so Fisher will get zero minutes when the PGs get back healthy.

12. dragician

dragician Member

I dont say this often but...... Kiss my ****

1 person likes this.
  13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...ource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53295

14. davidio840

It appears you forgot to realize that Dragic will be a free agent next year. If you followed this team closely, you would know that Dragic will be getting a big contract next year and Les/Morey won't pay him to be our "backup".

Why do you and so many others think in the "now"? You think front offices of the NBA think about today? No, they are thinking about tomorrow and a year from now.

15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

How can you not want a leader on your team? Guy who has hit big shots, won titles, plays hard....

I dont get ya'll. Oh yeah, most of yall prob never played ball on a good team before. A guy like D Fish can make a difference that wont show up on the stat sheet. You guys just looking for flash and names... Any good team has solid vets on it. He can still knock down 3s and run an offense. Lets give it a chance and see what happens.

1 person likes this.
  16. davidio840

Exactly. Vets like him get the calls too. They show young guys how to get an "in" with the refs (i.e Chris Paul).