1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT crew says Rockets aren't legit contenders; Howard isn't a great player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Penetrate&Creat

We'll probably get booted out of the first round again. If we make it to the 2nd, then this year was a successful one.

2. SugarLandDream8

I think he's worst now than his prime in Orlando. His back surgery seems to have taken something out of him. He's still the best center in the NBA but comparing him now to his prime in Orlando I say he regressed.

3. Andrew Wiggins

Did you guys think we would be that much better with Howard over Asik? I thought we would be second round if Asik was on board, and without him we are still first round fodder (5th instead of 8th).

It sucks that we can't get anywhere near what Asik is worth in a trade.

I truly believe you guys underrate Asik's impact last season. He went out every night and crashed the boards, got easy buckets and tip-ins (something we don't see from Dwight...he has to work for all of his points either via post ups or getting fouled and going to the line), etc. He let his presence be known in the paint. He was a big-body 7 footer that wasn't a push over. Dwight isn't soft, but he isn't mean enough (partly due to Yao-like offciating). I don't see anyone get the treatment he receives in the NBA. The officials don't care what the defenders do to him, and he can't do anything back.

4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I didn't listen or saw the rest of the game coz I stop watching the game on that Jackson steal. But to be fair we play last night and it's the second time we have played OKC in b2b. We were playing so nice but the ball just wasn't moving as well. Plus Howard got a lot of cheaply fouls. Some questionable. And durant got all the calls on his favor. Harden gets no love when we play against "contender teams" from the refs. We got no calls on our favor. Howard harden Lin idk how many times OKC reach in or "poke" the ball away. But we just strip KD and it's a foul Howard touches the body and a foul. So many questionable calls. And how the heck did Howard get a tech. If he just took Perkins arm away. And they called it only Howard at first but then they gave them both a foul.

We play nice we at least got 1 of 2.
    We need pat back and omer back. Against the contenders Asik as our back up would be great. Just like tonight when Howard gets in foul trouble the paint open.
    Or if we trade Asik hope we get something good that will help us now.

5. Andrew Wiggins

A lucky 8th which we almost lost because of the Patterson trade.

6. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

it's true unfortunately.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Overall, yes. But he has definitely added some post moves. Even in Orlando he did not have basic stuff like the baby hook and drop step shot he has been doing this season. His offensive scoring skill is better, but his overall game has dropped

8. SeabrookMiglla

things ive noticed-

there is still a definite lack of offensive chemistry with our guys, our set up is howard in the middle- shoot 3's or slash- run other teams down with our youth. the problem comes in whenever our 3's arent falling, we go into horrible shooting droughts. this is where the defense must pick it up.

IMO harden and howard can be major ball stoppers, and this is very frustrating. howard is one thing, because hes trying to bang down low. but when howard has to back someone down in the post and has to DRIBBLE, he loses the ball a lot.

harden is just a ball hog, yes he is getting better at being 'the man' in crunch time. but you need to give other players on the team the confidence also to take a crucial shot if he cant get one off. i think that him being 'the man' makes other players around him nervous about shooting. if we keep a core of a few players there needs to be trust, championship teams have faith in one another- this team has no faith in one another it seems at times. i really think lins game is suppressed at times when harden is running the point. let the PG handle the ball.

all in all i think we need a 3rd star, but not just any star. we need a leader, i dont think harden or dwight has the attitude to be a leader on the floor. something is missing, we need a floor general.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I knew this would happen once I saw Scott Foster. That dude ALWAYS refs Thunder games it seems and Durant usually gets 15+ FTs when he's officiating.

10. Andrew Wiggins

He was special due to his athleticism. We see flashes of it today, but most of it has faded. He should hit the weight room, because he looks like he's lost a lot of muscle since surgery. It will help him a ton with defense, rebounds, and getting into position to score.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

You can't see any 19-pt-one-half in any contender team.

So they are correct!!!

12. SeabrookMiglla

ive been saying it since we got him last season, asik has more defensive presence in the post than dwight. dwight may get more blocks and can jump, but asik is a hustler and is just plays BIG and nobody wants to go inside when hes there. in the end ill always take dwight, but asik brings things that howard does not it seems.

13. Andrew Wiggins

Durant (90% FT shooter) shot 20 FTs and the Rockets shot 21.

You have to hand it to Durant. That b**** has mastered the art of fooling the officials into thinking their was contact. Every single time he plays for the foul (I think Harden learned from him). There was one trip where Kerr thought he got fouled (that douche was quiet when Howard was getting abused down low) and Durant wasn't even touched. He attacks the defender, throws his body at them and shifts in the opposite direction to make it appear as if he was hit. He wasn't even touched and I thought he got fouled until I replayed it. Durant truly knows how to work the officials while CP3 is just good at flopping.

14. Andrew Wiggins

It's because everyone though Dwight was at least 6-10 or 6-11 and he's really 6-9. He has a nice wingspan which is great for blocking shots, rebounding, and doing those hook shots but not much else.

I think the Rockets should promise Asik 30 minutes a night until he is traded (if he still wants to be), because this current team isn't going anywhere without him.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

They're right. Howard has been in the league 10 years. This is who he is.

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's all on McHale who can't properly utilize the player's gifts
    we need a system coach.

17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I just feel gutted.

We got embarrassed this could have been a statement win, instead it just shows the whole league haw fraud the whole team is from the Coaching staff to the players, we get exposed every game in some category and tonight was just us being embarrassed.

This makes me feel like not even watching anything basketball related for the next couple days, the topic for the next couple days on networks will be "Rockets Record Collapse" and the crazy thing is the team will act surprised and just hide there frustration.

Its tough being a Rockets fan this season,this is like one of the worst losses ive experience since the series with Utah/Dallas in the playoffs at least those teams had heart and idea of there identity.

This team just feels like a cluster**** from top to bottom.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Coaching and system
    Coaching and system
    Coaching and system

Sucks.

Seriously, this team plays worse then a allstar team when it comes to running a system.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Of course they aren't.

Overrated losers. Pretenders. Whatever. One and done. Have fun!

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

A good coach can turn this whole thing around.