1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT crew says Rockets aren't legit contenders; Howard isn't a great player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jan 16, 2014.

1. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

LOL, that's a nice way of putting it. But yeah, I don't think he wanted to get fouled, and Howard got fouled a lot that night.

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Of course Perk and Ibaka will cause problems for Howard b/c Jones isn't an outside threat. Even though Tjones is getting better, teams are playing off of him and that's why Ibaka was able to roam around and block Howard's shot any chance he could.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are being too kind. Heck, I don't consider the TNT crew to be contenders for a sports broadcasting award, unless they award "bombast and recency bias." Recency bias. I like that term. We see one hell of a lot of it in the GARM.

4. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Not sure if we should all care too much about what kind of insight these guys give out anyways. Not to say that I don't disagree with what they're saying though. Dwight doesn't have many or ANY go to moves he can rely on when the going gets tough, he should have been training and attempting to master his post moves from day 1 but yet his game relies HEAVILY on his athleticism.

I honestly think he's utilizing his quickness well but what would really elevate this team into elite status? HIS FREE THROWS. He wouldn't even really need to develop his post game further than he already has ( I think at this point you really can't teach an old dog new tricks). I specifically remember Bill commenting on how Coach McHale says Dwight, in game time situations, instinctively reverts back to his "old ways" and forgets everything they've tried to teach him. Can you imagine not being able to foul Dwight Howard at the end of the games because he could shoot free throws? Probably never going to happen to where he's going to be able to improve his FT% > 65%.

5. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

I think their feud stems from Dwight taking Shaq's "superman" nickname but I never thought it was to the point where Shaq hated Dwight.

Every one is more disappointed in Dwight. We all thought he could be a huge game changer but he turned out to be just an upgrade from Asik. I don't think anyone believe Dwight to be a DOMINANT force in the NBA.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No leadership, have shown flashes of chemistry but overall this bunch is quite a turnover prone, lazy squad.

The West plays harder and is more competitive as opposed to the East where teams know the pecking order and might not be trying too hard, of course they lack talent.

7. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is where coaching comes in, and hopefully makes a positive difference. :mad: