1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT apologizes for Reggie Miller

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 18, 2013.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

TNT Apologizes For Reggie Miller's Bleacher Report Error

During TNT's telecast of the NBA All-Star Game, Reggie Miller erroneously cited a Bleacher Report article that quotes Wright Thompson's piece in which Michael Jordan discusses how he would defend LeBron James.
    Thompson's piece was published on ESPN and garnered consider amount of publicity for its insight into Jordan's current life.
    Thompson Tweeted "Seriously?" following the remarks.
    Bleacher Report was acquired by Time Warner, parent company of TNT, in 2012.
    Ernie Johnson apologized for the error toward the end of the telecast before an ad for Bleacher Report's iPad app appeared on the screen.
    Miller also called the Memphis Grizzlies his darkhorse in the Eastern Conference, despite the fact that they play in the Western Conference.

2. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I like Reggie but the dude has his head up his ass sometimes.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Has Time Warner done something to make Bleacher Report worthwhile or does it remain the cesspool that it has always been?

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

the latter.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Reggie is ok, but sometimes he's just a complete tool. I almost lost it when he was talking about Carmelo's scoring ability and he goes, "I know Kevin Durant has led the lead in scoring for the last 3 seasons, but Carmelo Anthony is just made in a different mold." Ummmm, WHAT? Carmelo might be a pure scorer, but KD's game is transcendent.....especially compared to Melo. Reggie just likes hearing himself talk, no matter what's coming out of his mouth.

6. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

7. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

This! I was getting annoyed by Reggie and even Kerr during the telecast. Miller's ass was getting jealous from all the **** that was coming out of his mouth. I would have preferred Clyde to commentate over Miller during the game.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

9. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I remember he was on the commentary panel for the dunk contest, and after it started to get boring (like the last 7 of them), he said something like he was about to go get his shoes and lace up, and Charles Barkley said "don't make me pull out the tape of Tayshaun Prince's block." lol I love Chuck, he hits below the belt, but that's what makes him funny. I only watch the boring slam dunk contests now to hear him bitter with Kenny Smith and Shaq.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nice monkey island reference.

Guybrush ftw!

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Redundant. Any time you cite a Bleacher Report article, you've made a mistake.

This is a common problem. It's a good practice to always credit the original source of the info/news. For example, you didn't credit nor link to the source of your post... you just copied/pasted the text from RealGM.

1 person likes this.
  12. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Chemical burn!! Eww!

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sager asked Garnett how he would help lead the "sonics" in the second half. Bigger fail than Reggie miller.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I read it on another site and it had the realgm link under it and thought it had pasted. That was my bad and wasn't intentional, I echo the statement that you should always post sources. Thanks for the heads up.

15. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

He really said that? I didn't even notice, too busy looking at his suit

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

I thought he said that but thought I was hearing things

17. JMG524

JMG524 Member

I believe he meant the University of Memphis was his dark horse in the East in the NCAA tournament. They were discussing college basketball at the time he mentioned this.

18. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

^^^ you're mistaken.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Miller is an idiot. He is a milder version of Stephen A Smith. Still, loud and obnoxious. And he is almost always wrong on his predictions.

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

TNT should apologize every time they put Reggie Miller on a broadcast. I'm surprised nobody mentioned his comment about 3rd world countries not having TVs. The guy is a clown.

1 person likes this.