1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ Reporting Music Legend Prince has Died

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikol13, Apr 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Apparently he has an actual bank vault at the bottom of Paisley Park filled with unreleased songs that he's been storing since the early 80's.

He also played the drums.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qrBDwCnzEWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Prince played 27 different instruments. GOAT

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rumors are rumors but I'll leave this here.

Another Celebrity Has AIDS

APRIL 18, 2016 160 COMMENTS

[Media Take Out] We just received word that a VERY popular African American celebrity – who has recently been in the news – now has what is being described as AIDS. Obviously since we are not able to 100% confirm the story – we’re going to leave it as a Blind Item. We want to make it clear we are NOT talking about Magic Johnson.

This report really hurt our heart.

According to a person extremely close to the situation, the celebrity, who is known for having a very extreme sexual past reportedly contracted the illness sometime in the 1990s. He kept the illness quiet but began taking his medication religiously up until about 2 years ago. Here’s what we’re told by a VERY trusted entertainment insider:

[The celebrity] believed that he was cured, and he had some crazy [religious] people who told him that God cured him. So he stopped taking his medication and the sickness came back. Now doctors say he’s dying, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

We’re told that the celebrity is expected to get sicker and sicker, and eventually pass. It can happen as soon as the summer.

Very sad news.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Prince was an extremely unique artist. He took the best of James Brown, Sly & The Family Stone, Jimi Hendrix, Joni Mitchell, Marvin Gaye, and Stevie Wonder and made it his own. Played every instrument- and at the virtuoso level on guitar. It was adult music, for sure- I couldn't play 1999 in the car with my young son as a passenger- just like I couldn't play Marvin Gaye's I Want You either. But in our overly prudish society, his stuff was tame. He did stuff you just don't do to create pop songs- the song When Doves Cry has no bass guitar- not a big deal to an average fan, but a death knell for most pop songs.

He could scream and croon with the best of them. His live performance were unsurpassed. His albums rocked much more than other "soul" artists- I wouldn't even call him that- he was a music artist, plain and simple. He had ballads, 60s pop songs, Parliament-Funkadelic-influenced stuff like "Housequake," etc.. Impact on culture is noticeable. Little things, like, when you type in Purple in Google, after multiple pictures of the color, Prince is the first you see in Images. That alone tells you how much of an impact he had on popular culture, not to mention fashion, style, the name thing- a true standout artist.

I'll quote one of Prince's favorite artists: "My own beliefs are in my song... I love everyday people." RIP.

1 person likes this.
  5. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Seriously underrated guitarist.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Doris Roberts already died earlier earlier this week..

1 person likes this.
  7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

w.t.f.

Did Clutch make my posts blind? I'm freaked out and 420 was last night!

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"Dearly beloved, we're gathered here to get through this thing called life. Electric word "life". It means forever, and thats a mighty long time, but I'm hear to tell you - there's something else; the Afterworld..."

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Damn shame. RIP Prince :(

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The guy simply shreds on this tribute.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6SFNW5F8K9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Indeed. Possibly one of the best of all time. The dude could play.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If anyone has the video of the superbowl press conference where he pretended he was about to answer questions then just started playing.

Or meme some more of that one video. Whatever

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I thought it was Shandling.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A spontaneous memorial for Prince has sprung up outside First Ave., The night club from Purple Rain.
    [​IMG]

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9VR895buz_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A purple nebula, in honor of Prince, who passed away today. <a href="https://t.co/7buFWWExMw">https://t.co/7buFWWExMw</a> <a href="https://t.co/ONQDwSQwVa">pic.twitter.com/ONQDwSQwVa</a></p>&mdash; NASA (@NASA) <a href="https://twitter.com/NASA/status/723233728747724800">April 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2 people like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm really amazed at the reaction to Prince's death. I just noticed on the nightly news they led with his death.

I was too young to remember when John Lennon died but for those of you remember that day how does the reaction to Prince's death compare?

18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

delete double post.

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Prince spoke about having music in his vault that would change the face of music forever and said it would be released when he died. So we may all be blown away in the future.

Prince was a top 3 musical influence all time for me. Sad day. My mom even called me from 1100 miles away because she knew how much I valued The music and artistry of Prince. RIP.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

someone please rep seclusion on my behalf