1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

What does it say about a person if they feel the need to slander someone after their tragic death?

Richie_Rich, RustyHarden and RudyTBag like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The pilot?

Nook likes this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

No. I was just rereading the thread. Still crazy to me.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I work in the industry and knew from the day it happened, just glancing at the forecast and basic details, this is what the final determination would be.

Sadly, this type of tragedy is not uncommon at all. There’s no greater hazard in aviation than pilots encountering poor and deteriorating weather conditions when they aren’t capable or equipped to do so.

The entire thing was a tragedy, obviously, but kind of lost in all of this is the pilot’s legacy. He’s always going to be “that guy”, which is sad because I’m sure he was a fine pilot. He just made a very poor decision to fly that day.

FrontRunner likes this.
  5. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The Sheriff's Department Chopper Pilots dared not to risk flying in those conditions and that alone should be heeded to.

Jontro and baller4life315 like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.latimes.com/california/...ryant-photos-trial-sheriff-deputies?_amp=true

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

It would be nice for Vanessa to donate all the judgement money to the families of the other victims. She already has enough, but the others may need some help.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

didn't know there were graphic photos leaking on the interwebs. i did see the coroner drawing of kobe's remains from his autopsy from reddit. just that drawing alone was disturbing af fr. so now there are actual pictures of it floating around? cray. i searched for the paul walker pics (most are fake), but i don't think i can stomach this one.

9. tksense

tksense Member

I thought I read somewhere that said it was Bryant who pressured the pilot to fly. The pilot supposedly did not want to.

Nook and Jontro like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think they are floating around publicly. That's what he defense was arguing: no harm no foul.

The plaintiff's argument was that It's the POSSIBILITY that the photos could be shared that created immense emotional distress. This kind of emotional damage thing is very hard to prove let alone quantify. It all depends on how the jury FEEL about how the family FEEL

Jontro likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

oh that's understandable. how do they make sure something digital that's probably floating around the clouds be permanently erased? plus if they've already sued the city and they've paid vanessa, then can't they then just "accidentally leak" the photos? suing them again would be double jeopardy right? i need to know this

Easy likes this.
  12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Pilot in command has the final say as to what happens or doesn’t happen aboard their aircraft.

He might have succumbed to pressure or fallen into the just-get-there trap whenever conditions were deteriorating and he still had the chance to land the aircraft.

Jontro likes this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I get that someone privaltry shared something like that, but that doesn’t qualify a 31 million dollar payout from the tax payers

Nook, Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

DJ only applies to criminal cases.

Jontro likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lawyers...you get what you pay for.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. omgTHEpotential

I would go as far as to say that she would be a piece of **** if she DOENSN'T do it.

Jontro likes this.
  18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Invisible Fan, GOATuve and Tankeio like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Came on Twitter and realized they made it public not long ago.

But wrestled with the idea of posting it here or not, and the voice inside the head said okay.

I do not recommend it but for people whose work has to do with autopsies.......or people who want to know what that looks like.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

rip kirby. breh would be epical in this day and age where errbody has a podcast. bet he had so many dope stories that he hasn't told the world yet. imagine him talking down to agent hibachi with his cray takes

Invisible Fan, Dredd and anthony59237 like this.