1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

TMac'n, Caesar, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  2. Rocketsfan3422

180MPH is in a way a blessing that we can know that no one suffered. So sad, poor children

Nook likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Do you really know if her life was affected in the worst possible way?

Do you really know if she was actually raped?

I don't, but i do know enough to not make blanket statements.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Yes.

Yes

5. Rocketsfan3422

FFS are we still talking about the damn rape charges? Can you guys STFU?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sorry, but was the case for every other team in the league that they made play yesterday and who will be playing tonight.

I swear the league doesn’t see past Los Angeles sometimes.

Richie_Rich, TMac'n, gatsby and 4 others like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. i3artow i3aller

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not gonna stop...best to just ignore it and continue to try and talk about what 99% of people will actually remember Kobe for

Sajan likes this.
  11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Rest in peace to one of the most amazing athlete and person I've had the joy and frustration of following. Hope he and his daughter are in a better place.

For the incredibly arrogant and insufferable few who wants to claim absolute knowledge of things they have no clue of... This isn't the thread for you to make your holier than thou judgements and assumptions. Start another thread in the DD if you want to make statements like you are God or the all knowing judge and Justice of everything.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The difference is that there wasn’t much time yesterday to cancel games. A little more advance notice makes game cancellation more doable.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'm not trying to say I'm all the way as upset as @malakas is, but I will comment on 2 things.

I believe the far greater tragedy is the passing of all the children on the aircraft. Kobe was 41 and already lived an amazing life full of incredible experiences. Those kids lives were just beginning.

Also, I wonder if we would all feel the same if say Big Ben or Michael Vick passed? Of course, they're not in the same category of stardom that Kobe was, but would their off the field transgressions muddy up some of our condolences more so than what we're currently seeing in regards to Kobe?

Just food for thought is all.

Patience and malakas like this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Good post. Just to respond,
    For some of us it won't. For others that enjoy holding onto the mistakes of others and refusing to believe people can, will and do change then I'm sure the transgressions wouldn't muddy the condolences as those types of people live for crap like that. . For those that believe people like Big Ben and Vick learned from their transgressions, matured and in Vicks case-paid the price, then I think we would keep their transgressions in mind but prefer to remember them and mourn for a while before being reminded and hounded about their transgressions like so many nowadays choose to do EVERYTIME someone in the spotlight dies. Same thing happened when G.H. Bush died. We get it. He made mistakes. Many costly mistakes. We can discuss that but let people grieve for a short while first.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Since my name was mentioned, I would like to know when did I ever say that people can't change and grow?

You can grow and become a wonderful father , help others and contribute to society but guess what?
    You did what you did.
    This can't just go away.

Very nice way to diminish the pain and suffering of the victim though.

Just shut up and go away.

18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'm with that, we should all be able to LEARN from this however, regardless of our personal feelings on the matter. For some of us, their hero died, and they just need to grieve and honor him. For some of us, this was just an incredibly sobering experience, a call to live life to the fullest, to stop chasing money, etc. And for some of us, they looked around at their loved ones and maybe held them a little tighter last night. Regardless of which one of those people you were, you learn, you grow, and you carry on.

#818 forchette49, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Gray_Jay and malakas like this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would be a valid point if they weren’t also making teams play tonight, specifically the Rockets who are on a back to back.

League only cares to cancel the LA games. I get it, it’s Kobe’s city, but there are more teams effected by this than just them.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Shaq's opening comments on his podcast:

https://www.podcastone.com/the-big-podcast-with-shaq