1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Chris Bosh isn't dead because of his blood clots. Kevin Love isn't dead because of his depression.

1 woman lost her husband and child, and 3 children lost their father and sister today. Doesn't matter how rich you are - no amount of money will replace that void.

The fact that @malakas and @Nook liked this particular post is very strange. Very, very strange.

Richie_Rich, nemac, sew and 6 others like this.
  2. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Ignored. Watch the footage of a half dozen people dying. And then realize this isn't about you. It's never black & white. You aren't virtuous. You're irritating. Get over yourself. Peace

Richie_Rich and Bearded13 like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

I did say the same exact words here in this thread.
    You can be a criminal rapist or murderer and be a good husband and father. People can still mourn for you. Your death is still a tragedy.

So why exactly should I go away?
    Rape is as much a part of his legacy as his family life and his basketball.

To say it is not the end all be all is right. But that doesn't mean we should swipe it under the rug.
    We should aknowledge it.

Nook likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

It's not about me It is about the victims.
    Kobe and Gigi and the parent and daughter who died. Tragic.
    The maid who was the victim of rape. Another tragedy.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

well that’s u...I don’t understand, nor do I wish to ever have this mindset...nothing will be “fine” with that family after this

How u actually made that initial post is beyond me.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Man Kobe is and will always be a legend.

as a father of a little girl I’m heartbroken that one of his girls was with him.

this is a truly sad day.

3 daughters without a dad and sister this is just awful and I’m just in a state of shock. Not to mention his wife without her husband and her daughter.

just terrible terrible news.

Yung-T, Ramo$e and malakas like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

How many times do I have to say it?

This is the BBS hangout - not a place to debate nor discuss heavier topics like murder, rape and other crimes. There's literally a completely separate subforum for that. Also, aside from a few posters, no one is sweeping it under the rug, again, AS I'VE SAID BEFORE.

The title of this thread is "Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash," not "Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash...also, he raped someone in 2003."

I'm not asking you to go away or trying to sweep the topic of rape under the rug. I'm saying this isn't the correct place for it. I'm done talking about this, though. If you want to keep talking about it and replying to other posters, have at it.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Why shouldn't I like it since I agree?

Many posts here basically said " She got paid 2 million dollars so let's pretend nothing happened".

Money makes no crime okay. Or any death. Any tragedy.

9. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Last one. That case ended 17 years ago. It's 2020. His daughter was 13. Respect her at least.

Bearded13 and Ramo$e like this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

In the case of Bosh and Love, their earning potential is diminished. In the case of Kobe, he’s dead.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That team will probably be the Rockets.

malakas likes this.
  12. omgTHEpotential

Can we move this thread to spurstalk?

Richie_Rich and rgw20014life like this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

DAMMIT, @DreamShook! You need to strikethrough yourself 'fore you wreck yo'self.

14. malakas

malakas Member

I respect her.
    I am very saddened by her death.
    She seemed such a wonderful girl with a bright future ahead of her and a great personality.
    May she rest in peace.

15. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I'm sorry, I really can't understand these situations. Maybe it's because I'm from Europe. On one hand, your culture teaches you you should be proud when you send your sons to die in war (I don't think that's appropriate), while mourning and praying for a family whose father just died (I think that's VERY appropriate). At this point, I'm just thinking out loud and in wake of Kobe's death, reminiscing on all kinds of weird and tragic stuff. Don't mind me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I'm talking about his family, not him...

17. Nook

Nook Member

I liked it because the idea that money solves all problems in the USA is absurd. Someone in this very thread said the woman Bryant anally raped is good because she got two millions dollars.

Victims are victims and there can be more than one victim in a tragedy. I feel horrible for Bryant’s surviving children, his wife. Losing a spouse is terrible... losing a child? Losing a child and spouse is horrendous and money won’t make the pain go away..... which is also true of the woman he raped.

it is a very complicated issue. I hope it helps some realize we are responsible for our actions and life is precious as well.

Invisible Fan and malakas like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It is human nature for society to praise soldiers/warriors of their tribe/nation. How is that any different compared to any other region of the planet?

The US is the world's superpower and therefore they have the most troop involvement around the globe. We can criticize US foreign policy but to pretend other societies aren't proud of their warrior/soldier class is stupid.

malakas likes this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

We should be proud of the men and women who risk their lives to defend our country. Unfortunately, death is a common product of war. No parent is saying "we're so proud of you because you might die in X months!"

It's a bit tiring how you're ending some of your posts with "don't mind me - I'm not American" yet you're making very matter-of-factly accusations about America and how it operates.

clutchdabear and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Can't believe than MSNBC reporter called Kobe the n-word.