1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Harden gets over gm6 loss in Miami club

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by impressivegol, May 14, 2019.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Somebody conveniently forgot Kobe’s, Lebrons clunkers. Every superstar has them.

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I’m not forgetting that guys have bad games. This is more of a comment on his style of play in the 4th quarters of games 5-6. I watched a hell of a lot of Kobe. I never once saw him loose aggressiveness in the fourth quarter of a playoff game with under 10 to go. I could be wrong....

3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

This is BS he should be hoopin at the outside toyota center court right now to get ready for another disappointing season next year.

4. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Kobe in 2006 Game 7 vs Sun's put up a total of 16 shots, including only 3 shots in the 2nd half, and scoring one point.

topfive likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are not wrong, he got his moniker Mamba (killer instinct) because he was so aggro in the waning moments.

One thing though, I think he wasn't that good in the year they had the Fabulous 4 (Malone, Shaq, Payton, him) losing eventually to the tough Pistons.

When he was standing trial as a rapist and got thrown out by Vanessa that is when his point average went down to 24.5 ppg.

He still managed to close out games.

He might have taken possessions and regular season games off, but that is mostly when he had someone like Smush Parker.

T for 3 and bmelo like this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Can you imagine what would happen to LeBron in media if he went 8mins of 4q of playoff game against gsw without attempting a shot? Harden is great but he isnt in the 1st nor 2nd tier alltime.

RKREBORN likes this.
  7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/5-times-lebron-james-disappeared-in-the-playoffs-053017
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles...kobe-that-are-worse-than-lebrons-one-bad-game
    https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story...avericks-26-most-missed-shots-playoffs-041816
    Educate yourself son, the reason these players don’t get crucified like Harden is for two simple reasons.
    1)Hate: People just don’t like Harden
    2)Rings: Winning a championship clears you of any wrong doing in your career.
    Here’s a novel idea, let’s see how it all end before trying to be “He’ll never___” guy. We’ll have plenty of time and information to judge then.

Zboy, biff17 and CCity Zero like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden is a different guy than Lebron or Kobe.

Lebron and Kobe were longing for championships as part of their legacy...... Harden wanted stats and a championship but mostly being the man.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

So you can bring up one game in Kobe’s career. AFTER the lakers had already won three titles, were in the 7 seed, semi rebuilding after the Shaq era. Ok. Like I said everyone has bad games. But I can already point to at least 4 horrendous harden playoff games where it looked like he just flat out forgot how to play. If he already had 3 titles, I would give him a pass.

10. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Minus this he’s been pretty low key to start the offseason which usually you see a lot of video or pictures by now of him

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

well said. I forgot about the whole sexual assault thing.

12. biff17

biff17 Member

1game?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...kobe-that-are-worse-than-lebrons-one-bad-game

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

14. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude he shot only 3 shots the entire second half in one of the games and in others he did not get up 15 shots.

Did you actually read the link?

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

yes. I said besides the phoenix game. There is nothing in those numbers that either proves or disproves what I am arguing. Most all of those games are blowout losses. How can that have anything to do with aggressiveness in the 4th quarter of a close playoff game?

16. biff17

biff17 Member

Yeah Harden has never missed the playoffs and has done it all with never having more than one all star while in Houston.

Kobe has never made the playoffs without having another all star and most were with another hall of fame player in his prime.

Kobe wanted to be the man so much he got a hall of fame player traded.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Have to take a look at their biographies..... word was the Kobe Shaq tandem was already crumbling after their second championship, they got the 3rd one and had another chance with Malone and Payton joining them for one year.

18. biff17

biff17 Member

So Kobe gets a pass in blowout games?

Ok

19. biff17

biff17 Member

What does that have to do with anything?W

Kobe ran of Shaq and Harden has done more with less since he has been in Houston.

20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I haven't mentioned any blow out games of harden's its just not what I was initially talking about. I guess other than the spurs disaster (which was something unlike anything else)