1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Derrick Rose Accused of Gang Rape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by matty101, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Not necessarily. There could just be not enough evidence to rule in favor of the plaintiff. That's like saying OJ Simpson didn't murder his wife.

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

So it's over?

3. hakeemthagreat

Yea, but technically OJ didn't. The same system that let OJ off, let George Zimmerman off too

4. andersongo

andersongo Member

The justice system is not here to deliver how we want the world to be. It's only purpose is to find out what's provable, evaluate it fairly and publicly and gives everyone's due as far as the evidence allows it. Those people advocating for goal-seeking "reforms" (reversing the burden of proof) to get what they want (more convictions) however justified do not want justice. They want the law to give them what they want damn good and damn hard.
    Derrick Rose and his accuser had their day at court and they got what they deserve based on what is known and proved and not what has been wished on twitter or tumblr.

5. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Is Rose a sleazy dude. Sure. Did he use this girl for sex. Yes. Is he dumb. Very likely so.

However, after a string of evidence and text messages were released right before the verdict, I don't think Rose raped the girl. The evidence was strongly against her. Judging by what I've read, she was no angel and definitely had money in mind before this suit was filed. In this case, I think justice was served.

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

18 pg thread and not one picture or mention of the accusers name. Is it not PC even if she lost her case to mention her name and post a pic of her in a ball forum?

7. nemac

nemac Member

She had name suppression. But I'm sure there will be a pic if people dig hard enough.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Good. I think the jury in the civil case got it wrong

10. andersongo

andersongo Member

Lol.

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I do too. I don't necessarily think he raped her, but by letting his friends go at her I think he was guilty. There are lots of texts of her denying group sex.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  12. hvic

hvic Member

I said Bang, Bang Bangity Bang

13. andersongo

andersongo Member

No there wasn't. Which is why Rose and Co could claim gratuitously that they indeed had group sex. Doe on the other hand failed to provide the defense with contradictory texts and then lied about whether it was her who wrote them.

14. hakeemthagreat

Guilty of what exactly? No offense, but chicks gets ran train on everyday. Especially by athletes with $$$. If anything he needs to sue her for defamation

H-TownBBall likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member