1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmo gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tmo, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Tmo

Tmo Member

I am pretty sure he signed a two-year contract w/o an option for a third year. Are the days of Tmo over?

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

If "TMO" is gone does that mean you are gone too?

:(

3. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

If you are Tmo, why in the hell do you want to come back here>

1) He got such limited playing time last year
    2) According to CD & The Gang, Boki will be in the mix this year thus pushing Tmo further down
    3) He needs to be somewhere that he can show his abilities allowing him to make more money in the future

The Rockets are not a good fit for him, so even if they wanted him, I do not think he would stay. If he did then I would question his desire to truly want to become a better player.

I hope he does well.

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Good riddance.

5. Tmo

Tmo Member

Basically I think he could use a year or two on a horrible team, where he could get some minutes. Perhaps he could come home and play for the Wiz.

If Posey walks, he could stay in Houston.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

you, collie, and maddox are all out. Sorry man.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's a numbers game. When you're 3rd or maybe 4th on the debth chart at your positon, why would you stay?

Too bad. I like(d) his game, what little we saw of it.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Like many people, I'm skeptical of this 3rd year team option they say the Rockets have on Morris. Larry Coon's salary FAQ says that second round contracts are "usually" 1 year with another team option year, which I take to mean that they don't have any particular restrictions. I suppose it is not so outlandish to think the Rockets gave him 2 years plus a team option, because:

(1) They touted him as a 1st round worthy pick,
    (2) They recently had to sweat bullets over Mobley's early-bird free agency,
    (3) They have recently followed a policy of giving out long contracts to promote stability.

I do hope they keep Morris, and I think they probably will. The option year is probably pretty cheap, and probably doesn't cost anymore than someone else of equal talent. Plus, he can swing between SF and PF.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think this quote from the Posey article speaks volumes

I think if the Rockets were interested in keeping Morris or Maddox they would have done so by now.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why? They've got till Monday. If it was my company, it wouldn't get done till Wednesday. I'll give the Rockets some credit that they're better at hitting deadlines than my employer, but not too much credit. Maybe the Rockets are waiting to see what happens on draft night before making a decision on the team options?

11. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

It makes sense that free agent dealings would have dependency on any draft day deal successes or failures. I am hoping though that their plans will bring in a solid veteran to the team rather than some rookie project.

12. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Excellent point Juan. Looking back at Rocket history and the draft, you never know what could happen. Not saying that they are always doing crazy things, but deals always get done on draft night. Maybe they are waiting to see what comes available and if nothing happens Thursday, then they pick up the options.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Juan, NBA Daily News has him at 3yrs, and so days USAToday's site. That makes me think Feigen is probably correct. He definitely did not do a 1 and 1, like Coon says is common, as there was no news of the Rockets exercising any options last year. You are right; there are no restrictions on non-first rounders...see Ginobili's contract.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Tmo gone?

God, I hope so.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why not keep him as insurance at the minimum if he is not a bad influence in the locker room? He had a couple good games last season and can provide some shotblocking and defense.

16. ptw1

ptw1 Member

why get rid of TMO, he played better than eddie last year and Boki has yet to do anything at this point. Trade Rice, Tmo backs up the Posey and also plays when Posey slides over to back up Cat.

17. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

TRock is a bargain with his overall game. He is the Rockets third best overall FG percentage shooter at .$5M per year. His best game was against Dallas late in the year, his reward was to see virtually no PT the rest of the way. Terence was one of the best Rocket performers early on in the early season, but was hindered by his ankle injury. You have to look far down the Rocket lineup to find a legitmate TEAM player. Terence is a Red Auerbach type TEAM player something that the Rockets need if you read this board. Like said above, Terence needs to be sent to the Wizards. TMo (the poster) where have you been??? FREDTERP

18. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

There isn't a 12th man in the league better than Terrence Morris.

19. SLA

SLA Member

Uhhh yes....Bostjan Nachbar!!!! AND MENGKE BATEER!

These two guys just sit there and don't get a chance to play.

Terence is like a 9th man.

20. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I'm so glad we traded a #1 pick for him.

:mad: