1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac's problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Nov 29, 2006.

1. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

I am not a child so you can eat your kiddo remarks. Laker-boy.

2. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

put me on ignore, kiddo :rolleyes:

3. uomerock

uomerock Member

with this tmac, idon't think that we can go deep into the playoff; he's declining on both mental and physical, don't expect him to come back to his old self. His head starts getting hard like JVG, know can't take all that but keeping to. I hope i can see him play for other team, not ROCK. Bye TMAC and hello to MR. TBrick.

4. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Until his last season (the injury plagued one), he didn't settle for THAT many jumpers, ever.

Do you guys think Tracy McGrady is playing in a fear of re-injury?

If he is then that is the wost possible scenario. That means T-Mac will never be confident in his game and he'll be doing everything to avoid a relapse. That means there's only more jumpers to come.

I'd rather have T-Mac play the way he did in his first season in Houston and see what he's still made of. Having a tentative McGrady out there is no good because there's no confidence in those jumpshots or drives.

If he's going to be injured than that's the way it is but having a hesitant McGrady running the show is going to be a tough way to get through an entire season.

But this is coming from a fan who hasn't experienced the pain of McGrady's back problems...or the pain felt by in what his mind was letting down the team.

I'm just asking, it's NOT a doom and gloom "Tracy McGrady is done at 27 because we lost one game to the Suns" post, just a question. I'm not saying he is, i'm just wondering if it looks like that to some of you guys, because again, until he was seriously injured, he NEVER settled for that many jumpers.

The reason I ask this is because it's getting a little late for JUST rust.

I'm just praying that it's a mixture of mental WITHOUT the fear of injury and it's just some heavy rust.

5. user

user Member

more than 2. He made 2 layouts and got blocked once at lease.

6. uomerock

uomerock Member

Pack TMac with Bonzi for some great attacker please, some1 like hulk :eek:

7. user

user Member

He was slow at the 2nd half and lost his focus. I think he was tired and have no confidence driving without being blocked.

He need to take some days off and relax. Bonzi can fix him some parties with big chicks.

8. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

His softness is just unheard of! Man Tmac has been so unwilling to drive the ball. Under 6ft's a game, thats really pathetic. JVG;s got to sit down with him every game, there was a stretch earlier in the yr when he was driving. His shot selection is prolly the worst in the NBA, ahhhh, c'mon TMAC
    '

9. 99bb

99bb Member

Be careful, someone may jump out to say you have a five years old brain.

Under no circumstances, tmac can be criticized!!!!

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

bob718 clearly just started watching basketball today.

I've never seen a more pathetic and short-sighted analysis of McGrady's situation in my life... and here I was expecting some meaningful insight into his problem.

I'm convinced that McGrady's problem is 50% mental, 50% lack of practicce/game shape, and 0% lack of ability:

1. His passiveness and unwillingness to drive seems to be entirely by choice as I have seen no reason to believe he's not still completely capable of getting to the basket at will when isolated. He's still very quick, and still has great ups based on his jumpshot.

2. His inability to hit jumpshots is not because he forgot how to shoot, but because his timing is all off (and maybe his legs aren't completely there yet). His missed shots when they bounce of the rim almost ALWAYS come right back to him. That is a sure sign that his shots are just about always on line, but they are just too short or too long (usually too short). I'm positive about this one. He can still shoot... he just needs a little time to fix his rhythm and timing...

I'm very confident that both of these issues will be resolved with time. Once he finds his jumpshot, everything else will fall into place.

11. kingkow

kingkow Member

Tmac's problem is that he had a couple of drinks before game.

Topic closed

12. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I'm hoping it's more what you said and way less of what I said. (The fear of injury thing)

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I don't like the sound of that. At least there were reasons (maybe not good ones, but reasons nonetheless) for those slumps...

Last season = injured.

Last season in Orlando = had given up on his team/management.

This season = ???

I don't think it's just rust anymore.

14. ckfol

ckfol Member

I don't know how you would classify body builds and I don't think there is an exact science to describe a winning body build because Kirk snyder would be an all-star by now.:>) I do see alot of similarity between Kobe, wade, and McGrady because all of them have long arms, legs, wide shoulders with tremedous agility, quickness and explosion for their size. Wade, and Kobe had various injuries during their career and I have remember both of them missing games because of back spasms....I remember Rodman at one time had to lie on his stomach on the bulls bench during title runs due to back spasms...Bird battle back problems at the end of his career and never return from it (I think he had a raptured disk which is much more serious than Tracy's back). When I look at T-Mac, he seems to still have all of his physical attributes on the court, it just seems everything is one step slow and slightly awkward...and I would definetly not call him physically incapable because he can still past by his defenders. He just need to switch on the light and make a change inside....If he doesn't, Rockets would be saddled by "penny junior"

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Tracy Mcgrady suffers from a chronic back problem, if you dumb enough not to realize this then you need to get your head out of the sand. The guy will never be the same… why? Well just read the first sentence to this paragraph. :p

He might say he is okay but that's what he HAS to say, you silly fans need to realize he is a product, he's an image, he sells tickets for you to buy(and shoes). You don't come out and say hey guys this guys back is a chronic problem and he won't be able to play like he used to. They have season ticket holders that pay a sh*t load of money, you don't tell them you are selling a broken product!!! Unless you don;t want to sell as many tickets, then you tell the truth :D

16. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

wow, one loss off a back to backer and we're already talking about how tmac has regressed after praising his playmaking abilities? doubtless, all these comments will disappear once we win another game with tmac as the catalyst. guys, get some perspective...please

17. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Rough crowd here-I think the man can still play and contribute. He is such an elite athlete-his shot will come back I hope.

We need him and he can contribute. I'm glad he is a Rocket!!

18. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Could it be the video game jinx? You know that Mcgrady's face is on one of video games I can't recall right now. Remember Madden NFL jinx?

19. eaglewu

eaglewu Member

Agree. TMac's prime is 02-03. He has passed his prime. He is very "consistant" from last year to now (shoot 40.6% last year and 40.8% this year).

Old Tmac will not come back, we should accept it. TMac may have a couple good games, but eveyone does. The TMac what we have is what he is . .

20. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Excellent Post!

I believe it is a combo of 3 things:

1. So much time not playing basketball with all the injury/emotional problems he went through last season
    2. That has led to him missing his shots and lowering his confidence and he just seems completely out of rythm (the last three 3 pointers he hit at the end of the game in the last minute and half or so looked like the old T-Mac jumper, so smooth).
    3. He has the mindset of PASSING FIRST which has sort of taken him out of his usual instinct to score and thrown him off his shot.

I was also happy to see T-Mac sit there with his face in his arms after the game b/c it showed that he CARED and he WANTS to be there for the team. You can tell he felt as though he let the team down by his horrid shooting performance.

I agree that he needs to drive the ball more and try to score/finish rather kick it out for 3's all the time. He has NOT lost a step. When he put his mind to it that he was going to drive to the hole last night, he did very easily (both times in the first half). See the Detroit game where he was as explosive a ever.

A great player/scorer with his ability doesn't lose that after one season. Even last season when he was injured he had monster games. I remember the NJ and Sacremento games last season where he just demolished opponents. He will get it back but needs to get his mind right.