1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac's injury a "Tendon Strain"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsMac, Jan 2, 2008.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There goes the brilliant "T-Mac is a p***y; it's not like it will get worse if he plays on it" theory.

2. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

I think TMAC would pull something takin a dump!

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

No, it isn't. B :rolleyes: ut keep calling him out for faking injuries

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Can someone show us where the doctor said that this popliteal tendon strain is the reason for McGrady quitting in Orlando, quitting 2 seasons ago (but feeling good enough to try to get MVP at the All Star game), exaggerating his elbow injury and the laundry list of other reasons why some of us think he is soft and not committed to winning?

Seriously, some of you think that this MRI vindicates a guy who has a 10 year pattern of not doing what it takes to win in this league. Those of us who are down on him did not reach our conclusion based on one knee injury.

But I think you already know that.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

We need to can McGrady...I don't care how great he 'can be', this is obviously a trend, the dude takes off various times each year b/c of one reason or another. We'd be great to trade him for some better rollplayers and high draft picks, let him show some other franchise why he's not a winner.

6. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Has nothing to do with his time in Houston outside of how it makes fans go nuts everytime he sits out of a game.

He didn't quit 2 seasons ago, and was healthy for weeks leading up the the ASG and then a few weeks afterwards.

He didn't exaggerate it...he had minor tears in the elbow, and was out only 2 games.

N, but it vindicated a guy whom a large majority of people on here thought he was faking the injury for a large variety of different reasons (doesn't want to be traded, wants to show up his team, wants to be lazy and take a few weeks off, etc...).

No, instead you guys always assume the worst because he didn't give it his 100% every night on a team that lost 19 games in a row 4 years ago.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

thanks for the info.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You're right. A person's history is no indicator of how that person currently acts. :rolleyes:

I forgot. His back was still balky but he could play but it was that darn "personal problem" that was keeping him from playing real games but since the All Star game is "fun" he needed to play in that one.

LMFAO...nice. He didn't have minor tears but he did have micro-tears which no one but McGrady confuse as the same thing. Show me how many people other than Tmac call a sprain a "tear."

It didn't vindicate a thing because it doesn't change the fact that this is just another episode in the soap opera that is this guy's career.

You know it goes well beyond what he said in one interview. By the way, how does that sand taste that you have your head buried in?

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well given the relative softness of our schedule in the next two weeks, we should be able to go .500 without him. Once he gets back, it'll have to be more like .667 to make the playoffs.

10. rockets34

rockets34 Member

You're absolutely right, i have been an unconditional tmac supporter throughout the years, but it always seems as if it is something or the other with this guy. Not saying he is culpable, thats a debate i don't want to get into, but the bottom line is that his unique combination of "personal problems" combined with his perennial injury issues are starting to wear extremely thin on even the staunchest tmac supporters.

11. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

A few games of him not trying his hardest during a season where his team lost 19 straight games is not going to heavily sway my opinion of the guy who has led the team to 2 50+ win seasons in the last 3 years (the only 2x in the last decade). I have said this many times...whether he is the guy that can take us over that playoff hump is certainly questionable...but whether the guy can get us to 50+ wins and get us in a great position to succeed is unquestionable, thus why I do not blame him as heavily as many others do for this season so far (when he has been playing). I do not believe he has faked injuries or tried to purposely tank it, and I have come to that conclusion based on what I have seen in games and what I have heard from doctors and the man himself (the most reliable sources for just how bad he is hurting).

But he WAS playing in real games that whole month. He didn't go back down until early March, and that injury continued until last December. Since then he has had no back problems, and all injuries he has had have been contact ones that have occured during games (ironically enough his elbow was injured while he was trying to make a defensive play, and his knee was injured while he was taking it to the rim...go figure :) ).

His doctors probably told him that his elbow had micro tears (which is what a sprain is), and he just relayed that to the media saying his elbow had a tear. He obviously wasn't trying to overexaggerate it or extend his time off because he missed only 2 games (even trying to lobby to play that 2nd game, but doctors wouldn't let him), and didn't come back as nearly as healthy as he was pre-injury.

In the grand scheme of things, no, it did not vidnicate a thing. But at least this shuts people like you up for calling for T-Mac's head because he was "faking" this injury and was leaving games just to save his stats or whatever agenda many people on here came up with.

You can question his demenor on the court and can question his attitude, but you cannot start saying he fakes injuries and simply takes vacations during the season without some substantial evidence backing it up.

How about instead of always bashing T-Mac you give him some praise for all of the great things he does on the court? T-Mac is not perfect, nor is he the best player in the league. But he is still a star and has given Houston the most success it has had since the prime Hakeem days.