1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tmac] The Game Does Not Leave Gently

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by echu888, Dec 10, 2014.

1. echu888

echu888 Member

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/tracymcgrady/

It's a bleacher report feature, but a bit different from your typical BR work. Describes T-Mac's current mindset, and future ideas.

Still works out daily.... probably more than 99% of the people on here. But one way or another its not gonna be enough. That's why even living legends like Scalabrine get relegated to the end of the bench and eventually have to hang it up....

Also, I had no idea that TMac has actually been able to manage his money fairly well, at least compared with lots of other athletes. He wants to help others learn how to do the same...

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

t-mac owns. as a true rockets fan, it's a blessing that we got to witness the greatness that is tracy mcgrady play for us.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it was a blessing to the cleaning people at toyota center after the first round of the playoffs. they don't have to do anything.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

One of the custodians is actually a 99'er. He stayed and cleaned until June. Didn't even have a broom, mop, nothing... just went through the motions, like Denzel in He Got Game.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

LOL

TMac is still looking for affection. He's living in the past, dwelling on his regrets instead of living in the present.

6. bmd

bmd Member

I would love to buy my own plane.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think we should separate his playing achievements and non achievements from what he is doing in his life now. Helping people is a wonderful thing to do, and that is admirable.

1 person likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Repworthy. This has nothing to do with any playoff exits. He is planning his life now.

:p

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Completely agreed. While I always felt like he didn't have the mental make-up to ever LEAD a team to a championship, I also never felt like he was a bad guy. And he's proving that with the great things he's doing now, off the court.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's tough the reconcile the way McGrady talks about himself when he was T-mac and the T-mac I remember. I remember once in generation talent without the work ethic he seems to remember having.

He also sounds bitter as hell when talking about today's young players. They aren't anymore raw than he was coming into the league.

That said, he seems like a great guy who has a genuine concern for others. That surpasses anything any player can achieve playing basketball. I'm proud to have Tracy McGrady in Houston.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think McGrady is one of the saddest stories in Houston sports. It is sad not just because his career is cut short by injury. It is sad not just because his immense talent has gone to waste. It is sad mostly because of the way he left.

The bad taste that surrounded his departure was second only to Pippen's. But Pippen had always been known to be a douche and had never done anything worthwhile in Houston. McGrady actually has given some great moments to us Rockets fans. And like some pointed out, he's not a bad guy in nature. That's what makes it sad.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

T-mac's garage apartment is worth more than tinman's whole net worth.

Must be nice.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That depends on perspective... While Pippen is viewed as quitter and bad guy here, I do not think Chicago fans view him as a 'douche'.

The same goes to Tmac although he never played with MJ as he said which is true in a way.

14. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UaY0Cuf64Pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Weird how he started practicing AFTER he retired. Oh well.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Pippen's bad personality was well known before he came to the Rockets. Things such as being rude to waiters, refusing to go on the court because the last second shot was not designed for him, etc.

Sure, Chicago fans might not hate him like we do. But he has never been a likeable guy.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alright, you might know more.
    I always thought he looked like an ordinary Joe in interviews after he retired.

Did not catch any negative headlines.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

lol, tofs appear like magic

tmac saved us all from buying expensive playoff tickets in june and july!

thanks tmac!

19. tinman

Supporting Member

lol, daywalker, maybe you weren't a rockets fan when pippen was in town.

i'm not mad at cha for that, but those who know pippen when he was here, let them spread their experiences