1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac returning on Sunday/Monday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ch0c0b0fr34k, Jan 23, 2009.

1. hrockets2k

hrockets2k Member

Thanks good early morning find.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Good. I like the fact that they don't rush this time. McGrady has had two good practices and they still doesn't bring him back. He will practice tomorrow again, so hopefully he will get his bball shape.

3. seaweed

seaweed Member

Now I'm looking at the advertisement on top of this screen. 'I lost 25lbs...in only one month.' Maybe Tmac can say something similar: 'I change my game ... in two weeks.' But do you think this kind of things are real?

4. echu888

echu888 Member

this is unfortunate news.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Tmac coming back?

[​IMG]

6. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

which Mac comes back? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

we got good chemistry now

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Probably not, except for the fact that hes not trying to change his game...

Getting mentally and physically capable again is not the same thing as changing one's game

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Good news

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

There goes the season.

10. comehere2

comehere2 Member

don't feel good about it. don't feel bad either.

really?

we're going so well. what can he bring? Question mark?

11. joesr

joesr Member

That site is acting up for me, but I hope he truly is healed up or back to a slow paced game again :(

12. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

should come off the bench first, he needs to gradually assimilate into the team again. We are playing great team ball right now, hope he doesn't hurt that.

13. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I hope he plays in Detroit on Sunday..I'm driving down from Toronto to go to the game and the auto show

14. boby

boby Member

Welcome back. But please start from bench until he prove himself deserves as a starter.

15. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

good bye motion offense and von wafer's minutes dammit.

16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Niiice! Hello, dominance! I don't know what you guys are smoking, but if you think this team can do anything but make the playoffs without Mac and Artest, you're creeeezy. Let's get the blow-outs goin!

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wasn't thinking about it that way,but it's a good idea.

18. RedRaiderRocket

Yes it is a bad thing that the team is getting a guy back who averages 20+ points and has over a 70% winning percentage. I was not a big fan of his antics earlier this season. But I support what he has done over the last two weeks to get prepared for the rest of the regular season and playoffs. By adding Artest and Tmac it should help decrease Yao's minutes a bit so he can still be ready when it comes playoff time.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I've always felt that coming off the bench after an extended hiatus is the biggest no brainer that almost no coach grasps. I understand that there usually is an ego war that takes place, but it's simply bad policy to let a guy abruptly take back his starting spot and minutes.

In fact, this is exactly what KILLED that Sacramento Kings several years back. They had been without Webber (microfracture surgery) and were on a massive tear without him. he returned after the all-star break and murdered them. Killed the chemistry, disrupted the offense, and they imploded. End of that team - Vlade Divac left for LA, Peja started sulking, and the squad was dismantled over the next two years. Note - in no way am I saying we face this situation with McGrady. It's just an example of how throwing a guy back in there with full minutes can be disruptive and bad for all involved.

Bringing a guy back off the bench allows you to maintain most of the flow you had going for you previously, takes a lot of pressure off the returning player to perform well off the bat, and allows him to face off against second stringers or tired starters. He gets his in-game conditioning back, and once he's refound his rhythm and is in sync with the offense - start him.

But don't handicap yourself for 5 games as he's working himself back into the team.

Evan