1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMAC just proved he is the best clutch player on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dafatha00, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What's ur point?! I don't think any player has ever done anything like this....don't hate on Steve.

2. Man

Man Contributing Member

lol great game

3. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Actually, it was 13 pts in 33 seconds (started his run at 35 seconds left in the game and scored last with almost 2 on the clock)... but that's just quibbling.

HOLY HOT DAMN that was amazing! That has to be one for the record books.

It was reminiscent of Reggie Miller. He scored 8 pts all by himself in something like 13 seconds to win a playoff game. Pretty damn similar, but T-Mac just outdid him!!

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Wow!! I almost turned it off with 1.10.

For those who wonder about the Miller exploit.

Although the Bulls would win the series four games to three, Miller put on a display of last-minute heroics that cemented the "Miller Time" legend. In Game 3, which the Pacers won 107-105, Miller scored 13 of his 28 points in the final four and a half minutes despite a sprained ankle.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I got so disgusted that I turned it with about a minute and a half to go and then heard about it. Boy was I pissed!

But I did get to see the highlights on sportscenter and that shot he made where Duncan fouled him was absolutely ****ing ridiculous. God, I take back every bad thing and all the hate that I have ever had towards this man. I love this guy so much that I think I might give my left nut just to shake his hand.

Tracy McGrady Dominant....

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I am guilty. hurt worst than a horse kick in the nads. only saw the last two possessions. I gave up. very ashamed of myself. but i had it coming.. with all my badwagoner jabs at other posters.. i had it comin'

7. jediknight94595

jediknight94595 Contributing Member

T-MAC IS NOT HUMAN :eek:

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I remember watching some old NBA highlight show as a kid that had a spot on Isiah Thomas scoring 16 points in 1:20 or so (I dont remember the exact time but I believe it was between 70 and 90 seconds) I thought to myself at the time, this was probably like 10 years ago: Man I wish I could one day witness an offensive explosion like that. It was hard to fathom so many points in such a small period of time. Tonight I make it back home just for the last minute of the game. What I saw indescribable. My legs starting shaking they were weak trembling I saw something ever more dramatic, ever more mind boggling than isiahs or reggie's feat. I had to sit down and drink a glass of water. AMAZING god the craig sagar interview sums it all up. you saw how amazed tracy was himself. man oh man oh man

HOW SWEET IT IS!!

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13 pts in 4 and a half minutes is considered one of the greatest displays of last minute heroics ever. TMac just matched that output in 35 seconds. Nasty.

And lest we forget TMac having to leave the court earlier with stomach cramps.

10. ChrisP

glynch, Miller's had a lot of amazing moments like that, but this is the one I was most reminded of...

What was so incredible was the 16 seconds! I remember he turned and shouted right in Spike Lee's face after he drained the game winning 3 (Spike had been trash talking him from the sidelines the whole game).

Back to McGrady... I loved his interview just after the game. He was so flustered, he couldn't even describe what he'd just done. He couldn't believe it himself. Priceless.

11. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

TMAC was a mad man tonight. And he proves that he can carry this team.

12. ChrisP

Good point... forgot about that. And, he had shot just 8-25 before those last 4 threes.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

it may have been like SF last year, where he had to leave to take a poop, and then returned to the game fine.