1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMAC] "It's my fault people in the stands ordered Heinekens and got Budweisers"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Really, because I swore they started winning when Boobie started knocking down shots....

2. bucket

bucket Member

Made me smile. That's the attitude he has to have, I think. Just get on to the next game.

3. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Lebron barely shot better from the line this year then Tmac. Shaq cant shoot at all from the line. Duncun has major struggles from the line. Are they not superstars. Maybe they are just lazy.

4. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

T-Mac should keep these things to himself -- it's doing him a PR nightmare and everything he says basically says [after the sacrasm translation] " actually, my teammates missed the defensive assignments, free throws, etc. too ".

If I were the highest paid person in my workplace and I contributed to the mistakes, I don't sit there talking about those mistakes...I'd shut up and do whatever it takes to fix those problems. People want results and results will shut them up. T-Mac can't expect people to like him if he simply tries his best...it has to be a win for the Rockets.

Imagine going to a restaurant and you order food and they try their best to make it, but the ultimately doesn't serve it to you...should they have a right to protest why you're pissed? We pay Rockets tickets because we demand they win a playoff series for us. If T-Mac can't do this, he's not doing his job. I don't care if he tries his best, there's no denying that, but we want wins, underdog or not.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

TMac beat you with the ugly stick?

:D

6. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

I blame T-mac that I have a "C" in my physics class :D

7. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

Not only that, I highly doubt that last year's Pistons are as good as this years Jazz..

8. HAKEEM4EVER

HAKEEM4EVER Member

Damn Tracy for global warming... :D

9. krockets

krockets Member

I am not a big friend of Tmac, but he is a nice guy and he did played his butt out for the last two games. Yeah, $20 mil/year is a lot, but that doesn't mean Tmac is God. Our team is obviously short handed and it just unfair for some ppl to blamn everything on him since basketball is a 5 men sports.

On a side note, Tmac is a basketball player, I don't get why he can't fight back to the media. It just like Barkley said some ****s about Tmac and he punch back. This is the mentality a sports player should have, other wise, he should just try to make a living from writing articles or working at McDonald.

10. youyou2007

youyou2007 Member

i really hope tmac will stop visit this board. it is the worst disaster to struggle in the toughest situation with all the people who are supposed to support to bash you. if i were him, i would lose interest to keep struggling.

i do hope this will end after this season. enough.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I dunno . .. sounds like he threw some folx under the bus. . . . . .
    i.e. his teammates

He did it in a very VAN GUNDY kind of way . . . .

Rocket River

12. HAKEEM4EVER

HAKEEM4EVER Member

Besides the fouling part I didn't see where it sounded like Tracy was throwing anyone under the bus. In the part where T-Mac says "It's my fault we fouled to tie the game up" I think what he meant to say that it was his fault that the ref called the foul. We know how Tracy felt about the call anyway. He thought it was bogus, and it was.

13. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

McGrady just couldn't help taking the bait. Feigen knows he wears his emotions on his sleeve and took advantage. No matter what he just said, it's pretty obvious the criticism is getting to him. Because if it hasn't, then why the rant?

He did all he could but sometimes I wish he had a little of Yao and not tell the world he was tired or go into a rant about how vilified he is. He didn't mention it in this piece but I hope he is in the mind frame to use the criticism as motivation to get better in the areas that need improvement.

#53 rocketsregle, Apr 23, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe Tmac needs to get in better shape so he can finish games strongly.

I think Tmac did all he could.

DD

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Tmac spoke what he felt.

Anyway, no matter what he says, haters are always haters.

16. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

I have no problem with this interview, or TMac's effort. I'm glad we have him. I think he gives his all, to the limits of what his battle-worn body will allow. I think we need to keep this team together through at least next year, see if we can catch lightning in a bottle by having everyone healthy come playoff time, and then make a run at it. Winning 22 in a row earned everybody at least one more full year.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly
    this has been a commentary on him all year
    I remember early on . . it was pointed out
    how he doesn't run hard on the break . . . .
    has lapses on defense
    and
    not cutting and moving on offense when he don't have the ball

seems to try to conserve energy all game long
    mainly spending it on the Offensive end

his stamina is becoming more of an issue than Yao's stamina

Rocket River

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

reading this article just reassures me that we are DONE

19. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

20. jshabang

jshabang Member

MEMO TO TMAC........

I feel u bro..... u are attacked.....u get the blame.....yattta yattta yatta

we agree.......but guess what????????

us regular people who work hard for a living and wont make .01% of what u make is not gonna sit here and feel sorry for u....

ooooo woe is tmac the superstar millionaire on the nba houston rockets franchise.......we feel so bad for u man.....

man suck it up dog...for real.........

u are absolutley right but if u have a publicist........they should be telling u that whining in the media will get u nowhere........throwing your rookie teammates under the bus wont do it either mac........

bottom line who do u think they are gonna blame man?????
    rafe........brooks.....scola....landry....hayes........HELLO!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE GONNA BLAME U MAN..........you are t-mac they are role players...get it??????

Yao would never throw his teammates under the bus and thats the reason why in the beginning of the season when u went out....yao and the rocks grew..........u are a superstar but not a very good teammates

my suggestion to u is to get your guys together,,,,,whether we win or lose to utah.........and rally them together.......everyone knows we are not going to beat these guys without our full roster.......so accept that,
    get your teamates together and leave it all on the floor....thats all we ask from u.......not to miracoulsy get us thru this series

ohhh and one more thing mac........if u guys win next year or whenever u do..........U ARE GONNA GET THE CREDIT FOR THAT AS WELL.......thats just the way it is man when u are the superstar on your team ....
    like it or not..........

so here t mac......i will be your publicist for a sec and give you some game.....and i wont even charge u for it

u are unduely critizied mac u have a point about that.....
    but my point is we dont want to hear it..............
    and if u have complaints about your team missing layups and freethrows etc.........dont fry them to everyone within earshot or to the media......keeep it behind closed doors.....lay into them at practice or after the game just u and them man to man........

if u want your teammates to follow u and play for u..........airing them out to the media is prob not the best way to get them to do it..........and u wouldnt like it one bit if the tables were turned on u and they aired u out talkin bout "our so called leader is tired and doenst show up in crunch time"

bottomline keep all this to yourself and in house...............its better that way