1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMAC] "It's my fault people in the stands ordered Heinekens and got Budweisers"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Tmac likes to distort the real criticism he gets into something that it's not. Now I know he gets a lot of flack from the national media who never really watch games and actually vote for Camby as DPOY but there is real criticism from some local media and the fans. Many of us watch him and have very valid issues with his game.

The criticism I hear (and agree with) is his shot selection. Tmac would have you believe that we all pile on him when he takes a lot of shots. He neglects to mention that nobody has a problem with him taking a lot of good shots. We want to him to take MORE of those. It's the heat checks, 25 ft 3 pointers and fadeaway jumpers he takes on nights when he is already shooting poorly.

Nobody says "Tmac is taking too many open 16 foot jumpers" or "Tmac needs to pass the ball instead of going to the rim"

But he cops out and misrepresents the criticism so he can either be the victim (on nights when he goes 7-21) or he can be the hero (on nights those heat checks actually fall) but never will he allow himself to be accountable. He gives us the "if I shoot I'm a ball hog and if I pass I'm too passive" BS over and over and over again.

I wonder if he is starting to believe what he is saying. I'm not.

2. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Thanks for posting.

You know what? Not only is McGrady is great player, he's also a good guy. He plays the game the way it is supposed to be played, and every year his teammates disappoint him, but every year he seems to honestly believe that things will be different. I admire him for that.

Yao is the same way. Some of you should realize how lucky we are to have not 1, but 2 guys on our team like that.

3. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I think Tmac is irritated by having to do these interviews all the time. He should just refuse any comments, and let everybody b**** about that.
    Regardless of what he says, the criticism IS getting to him, hence why he's lashing out in this way.

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah I wish we had somebody like Ricky Davis instead. :rolleyes:

5. dischead

dischead Member

Yeah if Luther head could do what Gibson did for the Cav's last year we would be 2-0 right now, and I think Gibson was a rookie last year? Luther is in his 3rd year and is still a turnover or blocked shot waiting to happen.

The team needs to make changes to the supporting cast this off season thats for sure.

6. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

7. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

WOw...cuz i gaurantee you that if he said we as a team need to get better than you and others would be the first to start threads saying TMAC needs to shut his pie hole and stop taking it out on the team!! Get a life!

Look its all he can do...leave the guy alone. He isn't god

8. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

It's my fault.

[​IMG]

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

is that clip art from windows 95?

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Ironic that everyone here is waaah-ing about this. I like his last line best. He should add, I'll crush those others with my wallet.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's being sarcastic, but I think he's got every right to be. We're outmanned. Anyone could see he was tired in the 4th of the last game. Some people ignore how he played up until then. McGrady is angry that we lost both home games (good... he should be angry) and he's angry that he'll get blamed, no matter how well he plays, or how poorly the other guys on the team play. It's a real bummer. I guess it goes with the territory.

12. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Yeah, I really hope he comes out pissed, and then gets a rest right before the 4th. Well, he came out pretty pissed in game 2, but really needed more rest. Like you said, we're outmanned, but that doesn't mean we can't steal one.

13. marciagong

marciagong Member

"If Magic Johnson liked my game," McGrady said, "then damn what everyone else says."
    ----------------------------
    I absolutely love his attitude too. Damn all the haters! Just go out there and do your thing.

14. faraza84

faraza84 Member

i think he looked good the whole game except the 4th but he knew he was worn out hence all those passes, too bad no one can catch them or shoot the ball, we need a trade and we need a helper for tmac and yao and this year it really is on tmac, cuz no one else is there to back him up

15. marciagong

marciagong Member

It's pathetic that his back-up is luther...

16. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Hs shot selection has been terrific in the playoffs, taking it hard to the rim most of the game. By the 4th quarter he simply does not have the explosion to get by all the fresh Uah defenders, but he has still tried being agressive (see- in game 2, 4th quarter when he kept dribbling and dribbling for about 15 seconds trying to get past AK but simply couldn't, and as a result turned it over...rest of his shots were jumpers).

My biggest criticism is his FT shooting...except for that I have been amazed by his play in the playoffs. He has played as well on both ends of the floor as I have seen from him all season. He has had to carry WAY too much of the load, and as a result his FG % is terrific until the end of the game when he simply doesn't have the lift and explosion. Still, the guy is averaging 22/10/8/3/1 through the first 2 games...can't ask for too much more than that.

17. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Let it rest people, let it rest.

There'll be no pleasing the hater unless we win a championship, which I'm starting to think that it likely won't happen with this group of guys, given how we just can't seem to stay healthy.

And even then, Mac/Yao will be railed on for not delivery a dynasty.

Too many perfectionists man. Too many over-reactionists.

18. Erichstolz

Erichstolz Member

bout time tmac gets pissed at all these critics....He's also talking to all the FLAKERS ON THIS BOARD!

19. jlwee

jlwee Member

Honestly i dont get the hate on T-mac. He tried his best. Yes, he could have done better cause I see Tmac scoring 40points a game in the series is the only way the rockets gonna win. Still the hate from own fans as well as media are just ridiculous maybe of his past playoffs failure is only reason i can see.

Look, even the great Kobe Bryant whined and moaned and bend his knees asking for a trade to the East(Bulls, easier way to win) after 3 playoffs failures the last 3 seasons, so please bring the Lebron comparison in here!

20. bbjai

bbjai Member

All the haters always bring out how Kobe or Jordan wouldn't have done that. Or even Hakeem.

Honestly guys noone can answer my question. When was the last time a superstar won two playoff games with two of the give best players in the team out (Yao and Rafer) and with three rookies part of the lineup.