1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac in Orlando or Shaq in Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 20, 2009.

?

Best Player in Orlando History?

1. Shaq

149 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. Penny Hardaway

36 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. tracy1mcgrady4l

hey who's better wafer or t-mac??? :confused:

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

your responses are making my day dude.
    :)

3. Landlord Landry

it's really not any less comedic than your continuos 'glory days' rants.

but thanks for the van thing...I made it up all by myself! badum tissss.

4. tracy1mcgrady4l

they want him to beat the hell outta of everybody to prove that he have passion.is that right tinman??

5. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Tracy McGrady is sometimes one heck of a closer. But he is also one heck of a folder at times. (That's one reason he has never made it out of the first round of the playoffs.)

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomo...01/post_58.html

Don't compare T-Mac to Payton or Montana. Those guys were winners. Don't compare Shaq to T-Mac. Shaq's a winner. Don't compare T-Mac to Kobe. Different sports, different positions it's true--but you can compare mental toughness, determination, etc.

T-Mac just lacks that inner reserve of grit and toughness that makes true champions.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Link is broken.

DD

7. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

In terms of talent and natural ability, T-Mac.

But right now I'd rather see Wafer. He wants to play. He gives it everything whenever he plays. He leaves it all out on the floor. I can't imagine him pulling the crap T-Mac pulled in the Toronto game.

8. tracy1mcgrady4l

really :) it's nice to hear that, hopefully that will make you feel better cause i know that tracy's faults making your life a living hell :cool: :cool: :cool:

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I hate when any player does it and you're right, Billups does it as well.

The smiling at the wrong time thing is just one of Grady's major faults though. If you are going to compare Billups to Grady, you have to consider everything. I won't even use the getting past the 1st round thing either since I think that gets overplayed for the most part.

Billups is far more clutch in crunch time. Grady withers all too often when it counts most, especially in the past few seasons. I'm not talking about just the playoffs either. Billups has the physical health and ability to take it to the rack or nail the outside shot or make the key pass. Grady will shoot or chuck down the stretch.

Billups rarely takes plays off on either end of the court. Grady coasts through stretches of almost every game he plays and it's been that way for a long time, not just this season.

The bottom line is, ignoring dollars, I would take Billups straight up for Grady without hesitation.

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The periods screwed it up. It's Jerome Solomon's latest blog entry, entitled "Yao has to learn to be a closer". If you've read Solomon you know that he's more than willing to give T-Mac the benefit of the doubt so his assessment of T-Mac's playoff failures is as fair as it gets.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

he's getting what he deserves dude. you didn't see him quit on defense against Jamario Moon? or what that something else's fault. the Adidas shoes or the Vitamin Water.

You are getting paid 21 million to be the leader of the team and to take the team to the championship, not to give up on defense and take days off when Ron Artest is playing 40minutes with broken ankles.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

No, i've been enjoying the Rockets lately without Tmac on the court.
    I guess you haven't.

Yao has been phenomenal.
    Wafer is showing himself to be warrior.

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

That was classic Grady.

Even better was the backwards pass through traffic against Cleveland when there was nobody between him and the basket.

Yea, I know he was injured. He's always injured.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

That's not what leaders do.

I like when Ron Artest says he plays everybody (on defense) like they are "Michael Jordan".

translation, 100% effort, nothing less.

15. tracy1mcgrady4l

1 mistake doesn't make him a quitter.we all saw what he did last year when yao went down.
    we'll see the result of the condition in NY game

16. tracy1mcgrady4l

you know that he's mentally week when he gets injured???

17. Landlord Landry

dude, do watch the Nuggets/Pistons regularly? Billups takes some freaky shots at the wrong time. Granted is such a sick athlete, he tends to make alot of them, but sometimes I wonder what the hell he is thinking.

No doubt Billups is more durable, I really wish McGrady didnt have scoliosis, and the frame of a twig from the waist down, and yes, I also wish he would have taken his off season conditioning more seriously.

I would probably also take Billups straight up right now, not only because we have Wafer playing out of his mind, but because Then we could finally ditch the weakest link on the team.....Mr. Airballston (ahhggg crap, I quoted northeasttroll)

I don't care about players laughing and joking with others on the court before/after the game sans AK47, Okur, Boozer, Vuavic, Korver and Tyson Chandler. ;)

18. Landlord Landry

what if he had said, "I play defense on everyone, like they just threw a beer on me"? :eek:

19. tracy1mcgrady4l

and i remember when he scored 13pts in 33sec to steal the game after been trail by 10pts

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Memories are great aren't they? I mean I remember when Dream was amazing too, but alas too bad he can't do that anymore.

Glad the Rockets aren't paying Hakeem $21 million this season.

DD