1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Tmac in Orlando or Shaq in Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 20, 2009.

?

Best Player in Orlando History?

1. Shaq

149 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. Penny Hardaway

36 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll answer that question now.

LeBron James is much better than Tracy McGrady, 1 game or 82 games or the entire career. He already made the finals.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Hughes was crap. Z was pretty good. Every team has at least a couple of good players. That doesn't change the well known fact that LeBron had one of the worst supporting casts in the league up until this season.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Lebron is not clutch but he beat the Pistons to make the NBA Finals.

But Tmac is clutch cause he almost beat the Pistons in the first round.

Yeah.

4. tracy1mcgrady4l

penny is an injury-prone.and hey what did sir charles do after he came to houston??NOTHING does that mean was not a great player??

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Brooksball,
    you are talking to some dude who thinks the Tmac in Orlando > Shaq in Orlando

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Western Conference Finals > 4 first round exits... and counting

7. BrooksBall

The Grady slurpers just can't let go of the past.

It's like buying a crappy product (Grady) because of brand recognition (T-Mac). People won't stop buying it until the company goes out of business.

Some people won't stop slurping Grady until he's officially done. It's the same thing that was happening around here with "The Franchise". I was a Francis fan but I also knew when to let go.

8. tracy1mcgrady4l

as i said ben wallace wasn't there.what??are you gonna say ben wallace is crap??
    how about t-mac vs wiz for 3 straight years???

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It is shocking how few people will admit that BOTH of these are true. It's always one or the other here.

Arguing whether or not Mcgrady is better than Shaq is just ridiculous, just like it is with Dwight, or Yao or plenty of other active players. I would say he's better than Penny and his record there was atleast partially affected by Grant Hill not being there when he was supposed to be the #1 guy.

I liked Penny though, i wish he could have stayed healthy.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

These guys are delusional dude. You never thought that Steve Francis was better than Magic or Jordan at least.

the Grady slurpees believe that he's better than everyone who's every played the game.

11. tracy1mcgrady4l

so your problem with t-mac is because he never been outta the first round huh??
    man you're a hater.

12. tracy1mcgrady4l

so your saying that francis is close to mcgrady.loool

13. tinman

Supporting Member

No I don't hate Tmac, I just think his fans are just satisfied with losing in the first round and making excuses and are delusional.

14. BrooksBall

The inability to get past the 1st round is just one of many points to look at. Some people put too much credence in that while others try to downplay it.

You have to look at the overall picture. Other than teasing the basketball world for just long enough to land an Adidas deal and earn a cool nickname, he's never come close to living up to the hype.

And he never will.

15. tracy1mcgrady4l

youre mad
    he's a human being for god sakes

16. mbiker

mbiker Member

The year before Tracy started, Orlando averaged .452%FG with 100.1 points, compared to the pre-Shaq team that had .453% 100.6 points. The teams were the same offensively. Defensively, the pre-Tracy team’s opponents scored .445%FG with 99.4 points, compared to pre-Shaq team’s opponents scored .486 with 108.5 points. Tracy inherited a better defensive team then Shaq did, while the offense was equal.

Here is another interesting fact. Before Tracy joined Orlando the team’s field goal percentage was .452. When Tracy joined the team the team’s field goal percentage dropped to .435 and never went higher than .452 until after he left.

17. tracy1mcgrady4l

no im not satisfy with his first round losing,but i still believe he gave everything he could thats why hes the 4th best performer in playoffs history.
    and if he has no passion for the game why did he cry when they lost game 7 against utah.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

cause he scored a bunch of points?

you feel sorry for him. anyone feel sorry for shaq, dream, magic, bird, jordan, kobe, kareem?

all better playoff performers.

19. tracy1mcgrady4l

yeah, it's t-mac's fault the team's FG precentage dropped.

20. tracy1mcgrady4l

ok, horry is better than t-mac.does that make sense to you??