1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac in his training camp with kids

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

look like the same weight as last year. but still FAT!

fat!

2. piggy

piggy Member

Mac's a good guy. I hope it works out for him wherever he ends up. I think memories are short when it comes to all he's done for the team and the community.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Skinny McGrady

[​IMG]

4. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Can you guys PLEASE comment on something other than his body?

Looks like he is putting on a basketball camp. Cool.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I wouldn't say he is as fat as he was for example few months ago when they made that commercial with him taking Louisiana or something like that.

But this beard makes him so old and reminds me only of his previous, horrible year. He has to cut it.

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

TSlack working with kids? At least he found some people he can actually defend ... oh wait, that's only if he puts his feeble mind to it.

7. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

like francis,hes not fat, hes just wearing a big tshirt. i wouldnt mind seing rehab pics though

8. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

Anyone saying he's not looking heavier needs to compare the two pics; yes, this is the playing weight he should be targeting

He's about as far from his playing shape as Jordan is

9. bigreg

bigreg Member

I agree with Piggy. Mac is a good guy. I also feel he gets more than his share of slack, especially on this board. The guy, when healthy has been the only constant on the Rockets playoff teams since he's been. Yao didn't show up for the Dallas series and has disappeared in every other series. The guy has ONE year that his injuries are so bad that he is a shell of his former self & everyone is ready to crucify him. For everyone wanting to get rid of the CONTRACT remember Les signed Mac to it, Mac didn't go asking for it. The owners are responsible for the money these players get; the players are responsible for the talent they bring. The guy is gonna come back and if there are no major changes on this team, he is gonna be the difference between where this team faltered this where they are going next year b/c of the talent he brings to the table.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Of course he is bigger. He's 30 and has been injured for the past 2 years.

Why anyone expects him to look like the 22 year old Tracy McGrady is beyond me.

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

arent those the camps that you have to pay 500 dollars to go to?

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Because he gets paid millions of $$ each year to play basketball and his optimal playing weight appeared to be what he weighed at 22(ish). I can understand him being a little heavier at 30 due to muscle gain but there is no excuse for him to be this heavy with what appears to be mostly body fat...injured or not. Not only is it bad for his game but when you have back and knee issues the last thing you need is additional body weight.

13. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Are you guys sure he wasn't training against guys more his speed?

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Certainly not against guys with his mental toughness. Some of those kids look way tougher than TSlack.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yes he can run to burn off those fat with a knee surgery. :rolleyes: the only way to burn fat is RUN RUN RUN, not weights.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Reminds me of this(forward to 2:05)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UBrfENv_U6Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UBrfENv_U6Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

What the hell is he singing at the end?

I hope he recovers, his injury is a tough one. Looks fat though but I think they'll not let him go like that to the camp.

That's why Daryl Morey was saying to the media, Mac will not be back by the start of the season.

The camp looks good, kids having fun and that stuff is cool. Nice to see sportsmen going back at community...

18. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

to be fair, he's only been like that one year with Houston.

he's a little overweight in the current pictures, but he's not all that far off from the past two seasons in which he was still an All-NBA player, i know people here forget that and want him gone, so it's hard to grasp.

19. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

The guy deserves blame for getting out of shape last season but my god can we refrain from evaluating another man's body from pictures, especially ones with him wearing a big t shirt?

:rolleyes:

20. devin23

devin23 Member

Working hard in the off season my a*s!