1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

tmac at 1?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yaominn, May 24, 2007.

1. yaominn

yaominn Member

if we cannot get a decent pg (it's quite possible), will coach A entertain the idea? especially if we get wells back,

tmac/wells/battier/??/yao, tmac can guard most pgs, he did a much better job on nash than alston, if parker likes are too quick for him, bring in vspan/jl3/skip, let tmac guard sgs

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No, Adelman wants to get TMac away from pg duties. Tmac is supposed to score.

3. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

that is pretty much what I gathered as well

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

T-mac will not play point guard under Adelman. He will be known as a playmaker, but not to the extent that JVG used him. I can see T-mac being a cutter many of the times as well as screens being set up for him so he can get to the basket. I envision playing in the high post and setting up other teammates as well, sort of what Yao will be doing 30% of the time (estimated guess while other 70% being low post work).

It should be a well run offense which is for efficiency. We can't have our best scorer doing everything otherwise our offense is going to become stagnant in the playoffs.

5. Precision340

Precision340 Member

I don't think you would want T-Mac guarding pgs all season long. Granted he did guard Nash but that was a homecourt clinching game.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would consider putting himat PF first. He is tall, strong , and athletic enough. I think he is the best option at that position right now

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

No way. Adelman won't put Tracy on PG no way. Why? Cause Adelman wants to make McGrady's scoring easier on the court he wanna him to be the scorer not a playmaker. Of course sometimes Tracy may play as 1 but not very often. We have to get Mike Bibby. If we do that I wil be the happiest person in the world

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Wow! I think he might play a total of 10 games with all the banging down low.

You have a wild imagination if you think he can bang down low with TD, KG, Brand, Loozer, etc.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ya I heard Adelman said Tmac will be moved around the court on offense and refrain from running the offense. I don't know if I like the idea of Alston or Spanoulis (and Yao in the HP) having such a big responsibility.

10. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Alston will be ok. I think that once Adelman frees him up and Alston play more freely and cut more to the basket instead of taking all those threes that you'll see his scoring go up. Adelman will make the most of Alston's streetball skills like he did with Jason Williams. I think Alston will improve with the backdoor cuts and screens. He will probably get a lot more chances close to the bucket than he ever did with JVG.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why does it even matter? This is where silly labels drive me crazy. I suppose Rafer was "playing the 1" when he would drive up the court and hand the ball to Tracy and then sit around and get ready to launch by the thre point line, but the freedom to create a play was left to McGrady, so ultimately who cares what you call it.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

No, why don't we ask Clyde to come out of retirement and play 1, thats a way better scenario than mac. Tmac cannot bring the ball up. He does not have the ball handling skills to escape any defense. Tmac is a player who makes plays without the ball. We've been trying to use him like a PG and look what it got us. Mac is a cutter, a shooter, an attacker, a ball handler he is not.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think they could start Battier, Bonzi and tmac and they can all interchange in the 2-4 positions