1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TJones or DMo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CARoxNut, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

He may be better than DMo. But let's think straight - DMo is better fit with starting line-up. He can pass, make midrange 2pt, has 3pt range and his quickness + height is matchup nightmare for some slow PF's (especially if he's 260lbs now). I'm not noting his amazing postgame what may cost opponents to double team him (and leave D12 or any other free to shoot).

I'm OK with either way because it's likely they will split minutes equally. Atleast before All-star weekend.

2. H-townRedOx

H-townRedOx Member

I disagree with D-Mo being a better fit on offense. they both are pretty bad at the three ball, but Jones can get way more second chance buckets due to his superior rebounding ability. Jones is also the much better defender. As for D-Mo posting up, I doubt he will get many chances in the starting lineup with Dwight on the court. You know where he would get plenty of post-up opportunities? playing with the bench, where we will be hurting for bench scoring. Asik doesn't need touches in the post, leaving D-Mo as the only post operator on the floor with the bench.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Did you watch any games last season. Dude couldnt hit that mid-range or 3pt shot with consistency. He had maybe two good games. What amazing postgame LOL wow. That is too funny LOL.

4. platypus

platypus Member

It's not funny if its true. DMO is a more polished player than Terrence. Besides at-least DMO had some nice games, I can't recall Jones putting up an impressive stat line in any game last season much less TWO games.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Jones had a few good games as well. And No DMO is not better. How is he a more polished player. We are talking around game correct?

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

T-Jo probably is the better player in the short term, but I think D-Mo is the better long term solution at PF. This is speculation on my part, but I think D-Mo was having trouble with his shot because he was putting in too much effort to learn defense from McHale. Defense is harder to learn than offense because, IMO, offense is a more natural ability than defensive ability.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

DMo is a MUCH better player on offense, Jones is better on defense. The Eurobasket tournament starts up fairly soon, we'll be able to see what DMo at 260 lbs looks like. I get why people would be higher on Jones than DMo, but I'm not someone who values athleticism over skill.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's not like Jones does not have any skills. Anyone that can assist, rebound, steal, block shots, shoot 3s and handle the ball like a SF has skills

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, he has skills on defense, not so much on offense.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I like DMo's offensive game too, but it is not much better than Jones. But hey they will be competing with one another for that starting 4 spot. I believe both players will contribute big time this season.