1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TJ Simers on DeAndre Jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 20, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Thank God the Rockets didnt sign that guy

making millions of his athletic talent.. and UPSIDE

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I guess it's a reasonably fair article for a Simers piece (the guy's a serious hack), but really, it's tough to argue that Jordan's underperforming his contract. You give a guy money based on what he can do, not based on what you hope he might be able to do. Paying guys big money based on potential almost never works. It's not like Jordan has regressed from where he was last year.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As I and many others argued before he signed the extension, Deandre Jordan doesn't have much upside. His so-called "potential" is a myth. He's basically flat-lined since joining the NBA. No offensive skills, mediocre effort, no season-to-season improvement. All he can do is jump and give them an effort-burst every few games. Jordan isn't bright and isn't in love with basketball. He's the same player he was as a rookie except more experienced.

According to some, size always trumps. Baloney!

Deandre Jordan is a C version of Stromile Swift (nickname Fool's Gold).

1 person likes this.
  5. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

i hear ya man

I still cant believe this myth that you take a big man over an elite perimeter player, still exsists( especially with some of the mistakes teams have made taken big man)

I guarentee you if Shabazz Muhammad was in this draft with Anthony Davis. And the Blazers got the #1 pick, they might be the only team that might take Shabazz over Davis

I was never sold on Greg Oden over KD. I watched everyone of Kevin Durant games at Texas.. he was a killer( i honestly didnt think the Blazers would pick Oden over KD).

And you can go back even further than Oden/KD.. how about Darko over Wade and Melo

Watch these clips below.. how can you take any other prospect over KD at that time, after seeing this is beyond me

http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=1047

http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=1061

http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=1051

http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=1071

6. izeroi

izeroi Member

Agreed. At the beginning of the season I really wanted us to go out and get this guy, but after seeing him play this season and what kind of effort he gives and his stats I'm glad we didn't. Either the clipps need to get a big man out there to coach Jordan or this guy is really going nowhere.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Never cared for TJ.

He ripped this city back in 94.

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Way overpaid.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Honestly, with the way the game (and rules) have evolved, it might be wiser to take the next LeBron / Carmelo / Kobe than the next Shaq / Yao / Duncan.

It's hard to shed this "we need a strong C to win" logic, but the game caters to the perimeter now. You still need a competent C to win, whether that C is good on offense / defense / both, but you can't win without a star wing player now, it seems.

1 person likes this.
  10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Woah. This thread certainly has a different feel from GARM of a year ago. In the end, Morey does seem to know which players to target(Gasol over Jordan). He just can't get it done.