1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TJ or DMo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JH13, Oct 27, 2014.

?

Our starting PF for season 2014/2015

1. DMo

38 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. TJ

72 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I think your standards for a starting PF are way too high. They're no all-stars, that's for sure, but take a look at some of the other starting PFs in the league...

J Sullinger
    K Garnett is 50
    M Williams
    Boozer
    J Parker
    T Young
    T Harris
    M Morris
    Favors
    Hilario

None of those guys stand out as particularly good players. Some are young and might turn into good players. Other teams have very old glue guys at the pf spot.

While it's obviously a glaring weakness in our starting lineup. It's only an issue when we get stomped by a pf. It's only because Aldridge had a ridiculous post-season that anyone is even worried about the PF spot. I love Aldridge, being a Longhorn myself, but he couldn't replicate his play if he was playing against a 7th grade B team. The guy played out of his mind that series.

Yes, we still have to face the Aldridges, Duncans, Griffins of the conference...but one player can't beat you. Even with Aldridge's remarkable play, the refs, and Harden's absence, we still nearly took that series. Make no mistake, had Lillard missed that shot, we would have won game 7. Had Lin not made stupid mistakes at the end of games. Had Harden not done the same thing (dribbling instead of immediate timeout -- actually can't remember if he got the rebound or someone passed him the rb), rebounds at the end of games. So many things went Portland's way, we lost that series -- they didn't win it.

So with that in mind, let's not all freak out about our PFs. Should we upgrade? Sure if the right deal comes around. But it's not like we have two complete scrubs at the position. Both have serious potential, one is just taking a little longer to find his stroke.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Jones, though I think their minutes will be closer to equal this year. If you think preseason is worth anything, DMo is one of the first subs, and TJones has been getting more time "leading" the 2nd unit.

Neither are "the answer".

3. Remii

Remii Member

I told you before ---> I can't wait till the regular season starts.

Well, it's the regular season and you people who are talking about starting D-Mo over TJ are F'n crazy.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nice, Dmo is leading the poll but not in real game time situation

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Dmo start? lol..that would be a disaster. Dmo never had a shot at the starting spot

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

TJ has proven so much more than D-Mo in actual NBA games. Hard to believe this poll is so close. It's like people are trying to will D-Mo into being a better player than TJ.

7. kemah

kemah Member

lol

After watching Dmo come in and suck so badly do feel that this statement is wrong now?

8. smokieethabear

GO TJ.. That's my TJ!

9. Remii

Remii Member

What do you expect from a football town... Heck, some of these folks wanted to trade Harden after his 1st year here...

10. Deflord

Deflord New Member

Yes but TJ needs to quit dribbling the ball down the court - he is not a point guard. Almost had a ball stolen from him last night.

11. basketballholic

No. DMo has not seen significant minutes with the starters.

1 person likes this.
  12. Remii

Remii Member

And there's a damn good reason he hasn't... Lol..

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jones. All there is to say.

And you are ____holic.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We should have a running count based on their actual play this year.

TJones 1 DMo 0

15. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Kudo's! :)

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I liked what I heard from TJones from the post-game interview after the Spurs' preseason game.

Everybody is serious in practice and in games. Everybody is thinking about playing for the championship.

Not just playoffs, but going for the championship.

17. kemah

kemah Member

lol

You are stubborn or a Contrarian.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Remii you can tell that dude a million times and he still won't get it. He is stuck in his own little world of what a Championship team suppose to have at power forward. And if he thinks DMo is the answer, well he is most definitely a clueless one.