1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans vs Ravens

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by mrdave543, Jan 2, 2004.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Excelent game by the Titans.

Very solid on both sides of the ball.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

3. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Rocketman95, Masterbaiter, Code and the rest of you Texan fans who can't let go are such a joke. If you can't stand the Titans so much why even bother posting in a Titans thread. Comparing the Titans to a best friend leaving town or a ex-girlfriend is so lame. Get over it. You guys have your team so seeing all this hatred in any Titans related thread is so old. Most of the Titans fans on this board show respect to the Texans.

Needed to get that off my chest....

The Titans won and took a major step in the process. They put an end to all this Ravens own the Titans crap. They showed why they are the #1 rush defense in the NFL. Holding Jamal Lewis to under 40 yards rushing is a huge accomplishment. Eddie played with heart and showed why is still valuable asset. Mr. Ray Lewis can kiss his ass. The play in the 4th quarter where Eddie and Ray collided. I loved how Eddie got right up in Rays face and did not back down.

Titans fans. Rejoice!!! This was a huge win. However, we have 3 more wins to go till our ultimate goal is accomplished. Stay focused and keep the faith. This is our year!!!!

Now lets go Broncos and kick the Colts butt one more time.

ps - drapg - Great call on the game. You called the final score 20-17 earlier in this thread. That was awesome!!!!

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Bite me.

I put years and years of devotion into the Oilers, only to have the owner, after years of ****ing with the fans, finally perform the ultimate betrayal, moving the team. If you can't handle people not liking your team, maybe you shouldn't visit a message board in general. Maybe you should get over your obvious hatred for the Ravens, a team that has a Super Bowl ring, unlike your beloved Titans.

Not to mention the Titans are a divisional rival now as well. I'll be rooting against the Colts tomorrow for that reason alone.

Go whoever they play next week, whether it's the Chiefs or the Patriots. Actually, I kinda hope they make the Super Bowl again, but this time, be an inch short instead of a yard. Anything to make it more painful.

5. drapg

drapg Member

Sweet! I totally forgot about that prediction!

Don't worry Dream34, ignore the haters. Let them belittle us. Who cares what they think? Sure they're input on Titans threads brings absolutely nothing but rehashed and tired rhetoric to the table. But if it makes them feel good to put others down, by all means let them. No need to stoop to their level. Let's just rejoice in our victory!

Suddenly I know how Cowboys fans feel around here. (Shudder!)

6. AlexVanderpool

the titans in the superbowl?????

not in our house...

7. drapg

drapg Member

Crawl back to Coog Fans and spread your propoganda over there.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What, can't take the haters?

:D

9. AlexVanderpool

True i am a coogs fan, as a self respecting fan, i will never be a fan of a backstabber.

you go ahead and keep rooting for the team that indirectly stated that they didnt want YOU as a fan anymore....what more can one expect from a longhorn.

10. drapg

drapg Member

blah blah blah.

Start tossing your helmet around and try to hit me. Oh, but that means you have to get up off your couch first! D'oh!

11. AlexVanderpool

as opposed to tossing an innocent student's cellphone?
    and ill bet your a$$ is planted on your couch as we type...

12. drapg

drapg Member

Something tells me a helmet would cause more damage than today's tiny cell phones.

Dude, you're so wrong. I'm Mr. Houston Socialite. Just b/c you can't hang... :rolleyes:

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm glad to see Eddie George finally get over on Ray Lewis and the Ravens. It pissed me off every time having to see Lewis do his gay little dance every time he stuck Eddie. Good job Titans!

On the Texans front. Mr. Casserly please do not pursue Jevon Kearse this offseason. I was a big advocate of bring "the Freak" here to play OLB, but after seeing him limp around in every Titans game I've seen this year I changed my mind. Too much risk for too much $$$$.

14. junglerules

junglerules Member

Whether you are a Titans fan or not, I'm sure everyone can get a chuckle or two out of this site.

http://www.ravenssuck.com/

I haven't seen venom that strong in a long time. :)

15. JamesC

JamesC Member

I have to give Eddie George his props for playing through that injury. I still hope the Titans lose though. I dont want Bud Adams to have the joy of playing the Super Bowl in Houston. I loved that hit Ray Lewis put on George and they both jumped up and got in each others faces. Thats football at its finest.

16. Dream34

TheRealShady,
    You mention Jevon Kearse. It is an interesting story line for the Titans this off-season. Jevon and his agent are going to want a huge $$$ deal. As much as I love Jevon and know how valuable he is to our D. I just can't see Titans management dishing out the money to resign Jevon. The Titans are going to be well over the cap next year. I would rather they save the money from Jevon and use it to resign Keith Bullock, Andre Dyson, and our young WR's (McCarins, and Bennet).

Worst case scenario, the Titans could still use the franchise tag on Jevon for next year. I think the Titans would trade Jevon before they let him walk. If they do trade him. Please trade him to an NFC team....

17. Dream34

I am so hyped!!! The buzz surrounding this win has yet to wear off at 2am. It is such a sweet feeling when your team wins a playoff game and you can stay up and keep watching and rewatching ESPN/ESPN News highlights.

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!!!!! Get some rest and heal up that shoulder!!! What heart you displayed today...

Gary Anderson. What a clutch kick!!!!

Da Dakota - You are right. This should be our year!!!!

PhiSlammaJamma- Where you at man????

18. Fatty FatBastard

And I thought you thought that I was bitter! Good call! I'll be willing to watch any football gamw with you now!:)

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

For the second time today, I will say this:

Thank God that the Ravens (Cowboys) are gone.

Brian Billick is such a horse's ass.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Woo hoo! At the game baby. We owned the Ravens offense.

McNair: He was playing on nothing but heart in the 4th quarter. He had nothing left to give. I've never seen a qb hobble like that and survive a playoff game against the best defense maybe ever. All heart. But literally, when it was 17-17 I wasn't sure if he had enough to get us into FG range. He could barely walk out there. He was so banged up. But McNair just hung in there and made the throw to Mason. I think we ran that play all year and it worked again. Hee hee. McNair took Ray Lewis head on. Oh ****! But McNair held his own. Marino said he would slide one day earlier. He was wrong. McNair is da man. 3 interceptions against the Ravens is bad, but not unheard of. I can live with it because he made yet another 4th quarter comeback. Best qb rating ever in the last 2 minutes of games. A Hero. MVP.

Ray Lewis: 17 tackles. God Damn. He was fierce. But he did miss a few key tackles during the game. He was in the zone again.

Eddie George: God damn! Where did all of that come from. He was running like his Heisman years out there. He slammed right through Ray Lewis for a first down on one play. All heart. To disolcate his shoulder and then keep slamming the ravens D. He was a soldier out there. Without him it would have been a long day.

Ravens Secondary: Damn. It was like they saw the playbook. Ed Reed was awesome. The guy zoned in on everything. McCallister had a great interception. They were all over us.

Ravens Running Game: Shut down. The reason Lewis only got 14 carries was because he was shut down. The Ravens had no other choice but to throw. Lewis was not gonna get it done.

Survival: Well, we survived. Just like we did Buffalo in our superbowl run. Everything after this will feel a lot easier. After going against the Ravens D everything should seem just a tad easier

Tod Heap: Great game for him. They should have been throwing to him all game. Tank was in position. He just made a great catch.

The Ravens punter: Wholly crap! That guy had the game of his life. Jesus. HE single handeldly put the Titans is terrible position all day.

Blocking: The Titans killed themselves on kickoff returns. That was sick. Somebody has got to fix that. Way too many flags.

Gary Anderson: That thing just crawled threw. He hit low too. Clutch. That's why we got him. But his leg is shot. That's as long as he is going to kick it. I can't believe they didn't let McNair do play action on 3rd down. He must have been really hurt to accept a 47 yard fg attempt on the left hash.

McCareins: Saved the whole day for us. He was blanketed on that pass. Without that catch the Titans were proably done.The confidence was way down. You could feel it. Like here we go again. The man literally saved the whole game if you ask me.

Phew, I'm tired. Great game. An absolute slugfest.