1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans vs Ravens

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by mrdave543, Jan 2, 2004.

1. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Hope this is best place for the thread.....I am so nervous for tmrw's game. been a die-hard titans fan for long time and just wanna get revenge on the ravens for a couple years ago. Its gonna be a tough one to win, but im hoping we pull it out. Go titans!!

2. coma

coma Contributing Member

Ravens over Titans - 20 - 10.

3. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

I was at that TN vs Baltimore playoff game in Nashville the year the Ravens won it all. Titans need to come out early and get a lead, make Baltimore have to throw it. The Ravens with a lead are tough to beat, cause they will pound Jamal Lewis every play.

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I think they have a good chance if they get ahead early and force the Ravens to pass more.

I just don't want the Oilers here for the Super Bowl though.....

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Titans in a close one: 24-20.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Titans 24 Ravens 21 quoth the Raven. The curse will end.

Keys to Titan Success:
    -Throw Deep: Eliminates Ray Lewis as a factor
    -Throw the Tight End slip Passes to Wychek and Kinney: A Ray Lewis Weakness.
    -Abandon the running game early: There's no point. Let the pass set up the run.
    -Stuff Jamaal Lewis and force the pass
    -Get a turnover
    -Get the early lead
    -Stop the Screen Pass to Lewis

Done.

Of note: The Titans have the best record in the NFL since 1998. This is no fluke. We are 'Da Titans.

7. drapg

drapg Member

I am extremely nervous about the outcome of this game. Too many memories of the painful playoff loss to Baltimore on the heels of the regular season losses.

Plus Baltimore's defense looked damn good on Sunday night (though they were playing Pittsburgh).

I would not be surprised if we lost, but I think we can eek this one out.

Titans 20-17

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

You mean like since 97? Thats not really a long time.

9. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm going for the Ravens.

I'm surprised no one has brought this up, but this game should be played in Tennessee. The Titans went 12-4 and the Ravens went 10-6. I do not care if Baltimore is a division winner, the Titans had a better season and a better record. Baltimore benefitted by playing in a crappy division.

A division winner should only be guaranteed a playoff spot, not a home game as well. More emphasis should be placed on the w-l record.

10. azn-baller

azn-baller Member

ravens will win
    lewis and lewis will dominate the game

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Steve McNair wins games. Titans 20-13

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I am hoping for a Titans win because the Ravens have had the Broncos number lately (just in case by a wild chance that the Broncos and Ravens meet in the playoffs). Also, I absolutely despise Brian Billick - he is such an obnoxious ass.

13. junglerules

junglerules Member

I'm definitely pulling for the Titans. Yes, I am one of those people that bears allegiance to the team that ripped my heart out as an Oilers fan since childhood. However, I'll be honest with you and say that if I have to choose between teams in a Titans-Texans matchup, I'll stick with the Titans. Like I said, they are "my team," and will continue to be so.

However, I am ecstatic H-town has a team again. Let's hope that the city doesn't take this one for granted. I'm not saying it's the fans fault that the Oilers left- much of that was Bud's previous posturing. However, I'm not going to hold the move against the players, since it wasn't their call, and I'm not going to hate a team solely on its ownership. (God knows I'm sure some Raiders fans hate Al Davis, and some Yankee fans hate Steinbrenner. ) Anyway, while the Ravens have had the Titans number recently, I really hope their lack of playoff experience and TALENT at the QB and WR positions play into the Titans' hands. I hope that Tennessee can just clog up the box, and force ANTHONY WRIGHT...say that again with me...ANTHONY WRIGHT to beat them. If he does? God bless him, because Jamal Lewis should have 11 guys trying to get his ass every single time the ball is handed off.

I can't wait!!

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'm rooting for the Titans but for some reason I have this feeling that tells me both MVPs in McNair and Manning getting eliminated in the 1st round and everyone in the media swarming around the story saying the MVP shouldn't of been given to either of the two.

15. JamesC

JamesC Member

I hope Jamal Lewis runs all over the Titans D. I'm still bitter about the Titans beating the Texans on the last play of the game a few weeks ago. I was a die hard Oilers fan, but this aint the Oilers.

I look at the Titans as the best friend that moved away from home, and changed so much that you dont really have a lot in common anymore. Thats why I have no problem rooting against them.

16. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Baltimore runs the football well and plays solid defense. Teams that do that well tend to kick butt in the playoffs, just like grind it out, half court basketball teams that play good D.

The problem is the Titans are the worst draw possible for the Ravens, because Tennessee can stop the run and Baltimore can't pass.

Baltimore can still win, but they have to force turnovers work the short field and kick field goals.

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I can't believe that Baltimore has beaten Tennessee five times in a row now. Correct me if I'm wrong but the year that the Ravens won the Super Bowl didn't Tennessee outplay them generally while Baltimore won the game on a couple of odd plays that went for touchdowns? Seems like one of them was a blocked Titan field goal attempt and the other was Eddie George's bobbled flat pass that landed in Lewis' arms for a 20 yard amble into the endzone.

The Titans, naturally, have retained that Oiler aspect of making untimely bonehead plays too often. Now they seem to have some knack for making game-winning plays-- witness the Texan game, nearly the second Colt game.

I'm going with the Titans 24-13. McNair is a proud man and he won't let this domination continue. Lewis goes for 77.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hmmm....I will pull for the Titans in this one but I do not want to see the old Oilers returning to Houston to win the Super Bowl.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was too. Key word being was.

I see them as an ex girlfriend who cheated on me and left. Why should I give a rats ass about them anymore?

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Go Ravens!

My three favorite teams are the Packers, Texans and whoever is playing the Titans.