1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans Claim Randy Moss!!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by pge71188, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Buck Turgidson

Or prescient, or intelligent, or topical, or logical or any of the other things we have come to know and love here at CF.

2. Major

Major Member

Cliff Lee, one of the best pitchers in baseball and not remotely a cancer, is with his 4th team in 2 years, and possibly about to be 5th team in 3 years.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is why the Texans suck. Your d sucks and now your prime competition gets Randy moss. Despite sucking moss has more TDs than Andre and is on pace to have more TD this season than AJ has had in any season.

Imagine AJ on one side and randy on the other.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

21 teams passed on him. Are they stupid too?

5. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

It's very logical, prescient, etc...

It's the same franchise and those triplets will make an impact just like the other triplets I listed.

LUV YA BLUE!

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

20 teams passed on him the first time.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The impact of not making a Super Bowl? Aim high little man.

8. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

yes, not making the super bowl like the texans.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They were stupid twice?

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

They were dumb to do it then, they were probably smart this time.

#110 DonnyMost, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  11. Buck Turgidson

Funny you mention that, because in the 2 years those 3 played together Billy Johnson put up the following stats....

5 games, 1 rec, 10 yds, 0 TDs

aaaaaaaand

2 games, 6 rec, 108 yds, 1 TD

So obviously Randy Moss will have a breakout year next season.

12. Asian Sensation

Well Randy Moss is considered a cancer by many. He will be on his 3rd team in less than 9 WEEKS. We're not talking 2 or 3 years but 9 WEEKS! I'm merely stating Randy's chances in the league may be running out. If the Titans didn't claim him he'd be jobless because I highly doubt a 6-1 Patriots and a stubborn Belichick welcomes Moss back.

Out of the 32 teams in the league.. one trades you... another waives you and out of the 30 other teams remaining that could of had you only 1 actually wanted you? Ouch.

This is Randy's last chance IMO.

13. Major

Major Member

If guys like Terrell Owens, who not only kept getting released but kept blowing up locker rooms, can keep getting chances, Moss will keep getting chances too. Moss has work ethic issues, but he's never been considered a cancer in that he doesn't destroy locker rooms or whine about getting the ball. At the end of the day, if he sucks, teams can simply release him at no real harm - meaning he's a low-risk signing for any team that wants help at WR.

14. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

yeah but the circumstances were/are slightly different.....one leaves/gets dealt bc he pisses people in the organization off....the other is a sought after piece to a championship

15. Asian Sensation

He disrespected his teammates and members of the local community. Imagine if you took out a bunch of co-workers to eat with your hard earned money and one of them said the same things Moss said. I'd imagine you wouldn't be to pleased and you'd probably want that guy fired. Worst case scenario you could ignore him but this is a football TEAM where things like chemistry matter and everyone needs to be on the same page to achieve one goal. If that's not destroying the locker room or considered to be cancerous I don't know what is. Just because the guy he called out is on the O-line and not a QB, RB or fellow receiver doesn't make it okay.

Furthermore, if he sucks than a team can simply release him like you said but if he's not effeicient and doesn't work hard and continues to have games with 1 catch for 9 yards than Moss won't be happy and neither will the team that his him.

My point is I think this is his last chance to be a good teammate to "every last helmet" in his locker room and play like he gives a damn. If he screws up this year and he's on a new team next year I'll make a tip jar donation.

16. Major

Major Member

Certainly - but unlike a TO, he has no history of that. At this point, it seems like a one-time thing as far as we know.

That's irrelevant to whether this is his last chance in the league. If he doesn't work hard, he'll be released, and some other team will sign him on the cheap. If David Carr can stay in the league despite sucking and getting released everywhere he goes, then a Hall of Fame WR that completely changes the way the defense has to play (even when not playing hard) will get opportunity after opportunity as long as he wants it.

17. Asian Sensation

There's a huge difference between a scrub who's lucky and knowingly grateful for having a job in the league and a Hall of Fame WR that demands the ball and is only happy when he gets a ton of balls thrown his way. I fully agree that Moss changed the way defenses had to play when he was in Minnesota but I don't think he's cool with just being a decoy.

You keep saying the "opportunity" is there but only one team out of 32 presented him this opportunity.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

At least TO always plays nice in his first season with his team.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Moss doesn't produce in droves on the field, he is a net negative in terms of the way his b****y attitude and poor effort rub off on other players. For instance, if I was the St. Louis Rams, I'd much rather have David Carr on my team than Moss. I heard Pete Carroll say effectively the same thing yesterday on the radio about his team. You don't need to spend a fraction of every day worrying about how you are going to protect the rest of the world from Carr.

I also heard some former player (maybe Rich Gannon?) talk about how they believe that Moss is the way he is partially from predisposition, but also in part because he played with diva Chris Carter for his first couple of years and learned the basics of how to be a pain in the @ss from a master. Of course, the student has long since surpassed the master, but if Moss had spent his first few years close to Jerry Rice instead of Carter, would he be a different person?

If you have any young impressionable talent on your team that would be in contact with Moss at all, you have to worry about how Moss might poison their heads. With Carr, you only have to worry about who you are going to put in front of him on the depth chart.

20. Major

Major Member

TO's much more of a complainer about demanding the ball (and crapping on his QB) and he still gets endless opportunities.

Only one team claimed him on waivers - midseason, for his current contract. That's very different than signing a guy in the offseason when you may have different needs and can better develop an offense around him, and for a very different price.