1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans Claim Randy Moss!!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by pge71188, Nov 3, 2010.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

We are talking about Randy Moss who had a HOF QB in Minnesota. He wasn't exactly tearing it up with a HOF QB in Foxboro. As much as I love VY, he is not as accurate as Favre or Brady.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude, i think i met dan pastorini's daughter in vegas along time ago.
    I didn't know who she was and i told her i was from houston, she asked me if i followed the oilers and she busted out the driver's license. she didn't have nice things to say.

i know.. cool story bro!

3. Asian Sensation

LOL. Well played.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no one has a hard time admitting that. He is one of the best WRs ever. If he wasnt a knucklehead, they wouldnt be much argument.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Kevin Dyson's Career:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PLAFH4Ch05A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PLAFH4Ch05A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SBU8nOiMz0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SBU8nOiMz0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

If only he could've broken through that tackle.

6. Mr. Space City

farve is trash this year.

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i think you missed the joke.

8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Macalu meat.

9. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think fisher doesn't care
    I think at this point . . . Fisher knows . . let Randy do Randy

I think a good team can PLAY AROUND Randy

Rocket River

11. Major

Major Member

I don't think this is the case. I think running Randy deep opens lanes for CJ to run and possibly VY to run (though injuries may prevent him from doing that regardless). And VY leads the league in passer rating in large part due to the amount of deep shots he's taking and hitting - his completion % isn't very good, but he's 2nd in the league in YPA as a result. So he'll love throwing bombs up to Randy.

The biggest issue will be the playcalling. The Titans don't throw much at all, and how long will Randy Moss enjoy working hard blocking for runs? If they lose him mentally, then he's a waste.

But ultimately, it's an extreme low-risk move. If he sucks, just release him like Minnesota did - except the Titans didn't have to give up anything to get him.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Hmm, kinda biased here are we? How in the hell is this good news for the Texans, or the division? Everyone that is focusing on Randy's individual numbers should pay attention to the numbers of Welker and Harvin, pre and post Moss. He may not be the same stud of years past but he still requires a constant double team and creates lots of space. I kinda liked being able to put 8 in the box against Chris Johnson, not to mention spying on the mobile QB. Kiss those days goodbye.

Oh, and unlike the Patriots and Vikings (of this year), the Titans have a solid defense. It's not exactly like they need to put a lot of points on the board to win, and now they just picked up another home-run threat for nothing.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

The Titans know the Colts are a bit under the weather. They also see how absolutely pathetic the Texans "secondary" is. They know the mere threat of Moss going deep should allow their offense to improve significantly.

Bad news for the Texans, unfortunately.

15. Asian Sensation

I think slipping to the 23rd position speaks volumes about Randy Moss and his "baggage".

Forget all the bad things he's done in the past and even his recent fall out with Minnesota. I think Randy will realize this is truly his last shot at sticking with a team this year and performing to get another decent contract whether it be for the Titans or elsewhere next year. The guy is not stupid.

This situation reminds me a lot of Allen Iverson. He tore it up in Philly for a long time... got traded and had a huge heart felt/reunion in Philly only to have things not work out. Not a single team offered Iverson a contract so he's out of the NBA. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Randy and I think he's smart enough to realize this.

- Having a bad attitude is strike 1.
    - Being on the wrong side of 30 is strike 2.
    - Not giving it 100% day in and day out with strikes 1 and 2 and he's putting the nail in his own coffin. For good this time.

I hate seeing these former greats like Tmac, AI, Moss? etc. jeapordize their legacy with self inflicted wounds.

I hope Randy follows the mode of TO this year for the rest of his career. TO knew he was really on his last chance after he went unsigned for so long. If this were any other year TO would be complaining because the Bengals are losing and point the blame everywhere but he's played and played pretty well while staying out of the news (always a good thing for him) even though the Bengals suck.

Randy is way smarter than any of these other guys I mentioned and I will pull for him to succeed. Mainly cause he's on my fantasy team but also cause he's an exciting player with special talent and I know he still has a lot of game left.

16. Icehouse

Not really. Similar to Ron Artest, unless your team can contend for a title then there is no need to bring him and his salary in, especially if you don't have a strong head coach. "Cancer" players have trouble finding long-term deals, but if they can still help a team contend them some club will take a rental. The Titans need a WR threat to keep the defense off of CJ.

17. Asian Sensation

You just confirmed my point. How many teams are really competing for a title, have a hole at the WR position and actually want to take on the risk of a Moss persona? Obviously not that many. If Moss would've kept his mouth shut before this season even began and if he played with the same hunger he had when he first came to NE then he would probably be one of the top receivers in the league right now and likely on his way to one last big contract whether it be in NE or elsewhere and then he could have "half-assed" it all he wanted.

This will be the 3rd team he's played for in one season. Not even MLB players change uniforms that frequently. This is his last chance to actually play like he cares. And if he doesn't put in 110% every day as a Titan maybe he really doesn't give a **** afterall.

18. Icehouse

Not many, at least not many that would have been willing to take on an extra $3M in salary, or whatever he was owed. Now how many contending teams would have lined up for a 1 year rental if he cleared waivers and the Vikings were on the hook for that salary? Hmmmm....

Moss is a cancer but even TO is still getting chances. If you can play someone that's trying to win will pick you up.

Now I am suprised that the Redskins passed on him.

As far as the 3rd team in one season bit, NE got a 3rd rounder for him, so that wasn't a bad deal. The Vikings coach is an idiot to waive him after you just gave up a 3rd for him, so I'm gonna say the 3 team thing is an anomoly. I don't see too many other clubs giving up a 3rd rounder for a guy and then cutting him, especially not for the stuff Randy did.

19. Buck Turgidson

Ship him to Tennessee, they won't be serving ribs & chicken there. He's rich now, ya know, he can't be eating that stuff.

If his head's on straight, it could work....big "if"

20. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

It wasn't suppose to be funny, DonnaLeast.