1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titan Sports: Exclusive Interview of Yao Versus Yi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Nov 9, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Interesting interview of Yao Ming and Yi Jianlian by Titan Sports's Wang Meng and Zhang Zaiqing by asking the same set of questions to Yao Ming and Yi Jianlian in Houston and Milwaukee respectively.

ENJOY !!! :D

2. metalshred

metalshred Member

Great Read, thanks pryuen

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Great read.. Whoever says Yao doesn't have personality is smoking crack. :D

Yao's awesome.. I can't help but notice how stiff Yi appears in the interview.. :confused: He's probably focused (got his game face).

4. demon77

demon77 Member

ThanK for the post pryuen. :)

5. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Yao shooting 3 pointers? Hmmmmm :D

6. SmitingPurpleEm

Not exactly something I want to see.

But damn, Yi answers everything with trite one-liners while Yao actually formulates insightful responses. Maybe Yi will get better handling the media in time.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I love this part. I just wish Yao had this attitude when other people try to dunk on him. For example, I would have loved to see Yao foul Manu hard on that one play.

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I hope Yi will learn how to work with the media because I would really hate to interview him right now. You can have a whole interview with Yao with 5-7 good questions because he'll stretch it out. Yi will answer open-ended questions with a short sentence.

Is it just me or does Yao seem more humble than Yi? I would think that since Yi just got here he'd be more so than Yao since Yao's been here for years and maybe more "Americanized"

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yao has done a great job shouldering most of the diplomatic burden. Maybe Yi doesn't want to say anything stupid?

10. JustWannaChill

I also find it funny that Yao did like 95% of the talking. Yi needs to hire an experienced PR guy to train him how to talk to the media.

11. MM=unbeatable

MM=unbeatable Member

Yao seemed more confident than Yi,I bet Yao wants to give Yi a lesson so badly :D !!!I just saw a article said coach A's gonna give Yao a right that he can shoot whenever he want!!!
    lol,easy win for Rox and Yao
    5-1 :D

12. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Yao emerging out of his modesty. He's being honest, confident and even taking pride in our new found recognition around the league. Yao is becoming the respectful, but outspoken giant with the tenacity to match. Love it when Yao declares victory.

13. kaivin20

kaivin20 Member

it should be 'than I understand Yao'

14. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Great Yao Humor too. I guess anything is funnier when told by a Giant in his second language.

He was lucky as a rookie. I guess all the Rockets had more sympathy for him than the Bucks do for Yi, because his media scrutiny was exponentially worse. He carried far more baggage than Yi ever will, so I'm sure he will always be greatful to Steve and Rudy and company for welcoming him so and helping him accolomate.

15. ssff33

ssff33 Member

16. ssff33

ssff33 Member

17. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Yi has arrived Houston, and stayed at the Four Seasons. Yao Ming picked him up for dinner. Probably at Yao Restaurant & Bar. Let me further dig out where.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ddu

ddu Member

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Yi's still a rookie in more ways then one. He needs to learn and improve his interviewing skills.

20. poprocks

poprocks Member

Yi, "The victor of this game will be the team that can score more".

:confused: DUHHHH!