1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Timetable for McHale ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets0515, Nov 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Morey should keep Sampson for THE TANK

2. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Yeah... the team that REFUSES to accept tanking hired a coach for the purposes of losing.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

A really nice take on the whole situation. McHale is most probably on FMLA, so they cannot fire him for nine weeks. And if they fired him what would be the chance of ever getting quality NBA staff on the Rockets?

Can Harden become a #1 option for the Rockets? It is to soon to tell. We do know that he is not LBJ, but realistically who else is? The team as currently constructed is much to easy to scheme against. Portland played a basic box on 1, and that is just HS basketball. Another potent offensive threat and keying in on Harden exclusively will no longer work.

I agree, Lin may still be suffering from the effects of his knee injury. And once he fully physically recovers he has to overcome the psychological impact of the injury.

4. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Its really no timetable for McHale to return. His daughter is sick and in the hospital so you can't really rush that. I hope McHale and his family the best

5. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Mcfail allready has made us look like that franchise.Nobody wants to play for that dude and the ones that do want out.Harden was heart broken that he had to come.Loosing Mcfail could only help in developing talent and drawing free agents but i do pray for his family on a personal tip.Business wise we need a coach that players respect and want to play for.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The man could have a family member with serious problems and our decision to cut him could jeopardize his career. We fans aren't paying him out of our pocketbook so it seems callous to be so down-to-business like this. As far as I am concerned, if a man's daughter has a life threatening issue he can have all the time he needs instead of leading our team to a 35-47 record.

7. teebone21

teebone21 Member

defense has gone downhill since mchale left

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

When Kelvin Machale coming back.

Wow the head Coach has been out for a long time. Is there a timetable of when he is coming back?

9. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I think he quit. It's a graceful way of quitting though. I'm hoping the Rockets fire the whole coaching staff, and if not, at least Sampson. Hopefully we can get Jerry Sloan.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

First the Sloan bit.

Year Joined.

Post Count.

Me thinks Troll.

IB4 Flame war on this guy. :cool:

11. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

So, me being new to this board equates to troll? So, being new means that Sloan is no good? Riiight.

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

It was a joke, I don't feel that way.

I would probably get crucified for this, but I agree with you, Sloan is a great coach.

Most of the people on this board would be unwilling to have him coach due to the BITTER history with him.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Sloan is a dirty cheat. I don't want to win that badly.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I don't care.

Anything it takes to win.

Any means necessary...

[​IMG]

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

In basketball, highly overrated unlike football with a team of 11 guys, or 22 guys on offense and defense. I love RudyT, but without Dream, I do not think it would of been possible to get 2 Rings. Melo made D'Antoni quit, , D.Williams made J.Sloan quit, Lakers/Bulls mess made P.Jackson quit and Kobe made M.Brown get fired. Look at Bulls, without D.Rose, they lost playoff series and this year the Bulls are mediocre even with the Coach Of The Year Thibodeau. Basketball, it is about players more than coaches.

16. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I agree that players are important, but also a 2 way street. I don't think Kobe and Shaq could have won it without Phil, neither Jordan and Pippen w/o Phil. What about Sacramento in that year when they played the Lakers to 7 games? That was Adelman, he sure made that team look great. If Sac made it, they would have won the finals. What about Sloan and the Jazz? They were always good, even without Stockton and Malone. When Deron Williams left, the Utah Jazz still made it to the playoffs, of course I know that Sloan left already, but since the Jazz made it to the playoffs, I would think this would undermine Williams, especially when Brooklyn went 20-45, or something in that ball park. While agree that players are important, coaches are important too.

17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Man - i am missing the head coach now. Kelvin Mchale. Maybe he can turn things around for Jlin.

18. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

mchale is reeling because he was the one who made the call to draft Royce White.

19. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

u realize u just merged the head coach with the asst coach right?

1 person likes this.
  20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

oppps . Sorry. I meant kevin mchale .