1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Timetable for McHale ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets0515, Nov 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Arthurprescott2

I wish McHale the best of luck and hope his daughter is getting better. I hope he comes back soon. That said, we can't have an interim coach for long. If this goes on for longer for more than 2-3 months, I think McHale resigns, allowing the Rockets an opportunity to bring in a new head coach.

2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That's what I was thinking, they might as well give Finch a chance.

3. Metta

Metta Member

All I know... He's never been good for the Rockets.

[​IMG]

4. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Not sure why McHale matters much at this point. This is a lottery team so we need to try and lose as much as possible and hope for a top 3 draft pick. This team needs more star power, a lot more.

5. koopa

koopa Member

Mchale seems like a quitter. He's done this thing a couple times with the timberwolves. WHen the going gets tough..Mchale curls up into a ball and quits.

6. JerryH

JerryH Member

JerryH

This offense is not working. Harden is all over the place and not used well, Lin who is coming back from injury and needs confidence is not given the leading role as a PG. The guy was recruited and prepared in camp to be the Steve Nash of the Rockets. Instead, he is played sparingly and looks lost. Adding to all of that the lack of chemistry and the average game coaching and it´s not looking pretty. This team urgently needs a strong and experienced head coach.

7. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

His daughter is sick and in hospital. If that makes him a quitter then I guess everyone is.

8. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

If his daughter is really sick and needs him he should quit, that's what a man would do. His has plenty of money so he doesn't have to worry about that.

Anybody that thinks he is a quitter over something like that just doesn't quite understand things the way they should.

9. TISNF

TISNF Member

Right there with ya. I really think everyone should temper their expectations for this year. We're not a contender or a playoff team this year (we weren't supposed to be). And any midseason trade won't put the team over the top.

Doesn't matter to me how long McHale is out. Not sure how much his coaching would have really affected these games, but that's irrelevant.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Would you actually say something like that to his face?

Man the internet turns every random ******* into a badass.

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I want McHale back just because the players seem to really like him. Like people have said in other threads, there's more effort when he's the coach.

12. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Sampson is about the worst coach in the NBA I have ever seen... =__=

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

have you ever coached a basketball team?

14. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

:(
    Well, young and new players can be an excuse for the offense, but the Rockets' defense is really bothering me right now. We have bigger players, but we are getting softer in low post defense. We have better PnR defensive players, but we are getting worse on it.

15. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

And I don't think I have to be an NBA coach to make a personal judgement (opinion). To me it is very clear that McHale is better than Sampson in many ways =__=... Just like Lowry is better than Douglas...

16. koopa

koopa Member

Well obviously I wouldn't. He's like 7 foot tall even though he limps it still is intimidating. And to be fair I didn't get the news until someone mentioned that his daughter is sick. I didn't know that. I was still in the news that he was on leave on a private matter. And yeah my disappointment on his coaching has nothing to do with his daughter's illness.

17. JerryH

JerryH Member

Good point. Family comes first.

18. JerryH

JerryH Member

Yes, it is obvious that the leadership of McHale is missing and players need him to be back.

19. SeabrookMiglla

thats low, hassling somebody when a family member is ill. mchale can take off as much time as he needs, i like mchale as a person. hes a winner and a HOF'er, he knows what it takes to win. now i do think that he is a better motivational coach, and not so much an X and O kind of guy like adelman. but lets be real the guy has been in multiple finals and eastern conference finals, he knows the drill when it comes down to the final 5 minutes and what to do. the man has lived basketball for most of his life, i trust his decision making ability, im not saying being a HOF'er automatically makes you a great coach but its not like hes horrible. i have seen some questionable decision's he has mad in terms of line ups, but every coach does it even adelman would put a line up out there that everyone screamed about.

the best coach in the NBA will not save this team from losses. i think in general people need to lower their expectations for this team, we are the youngest team in the NBA and are in the middle of a rebuilding process. even if we made the playoffs(that would be something) we would most certainly get knocked out the first round. this team still needs a lot of work, in both offense and defense. they have a long way to go, but they are fully capable of learning.

we seem to be developing a core, but even with pieces like harden,lin, asik, parsons we still need the alpha dog.i dont think harden can play like a consistently like a top 5 guy, in the future he will be a top 15 player IMO. but hes young and still developing so its hard to say what his ceiling is, he could pass my expectations and i hope he does. he can have some games where hes on beast mode and can hang with the best, but for right now from what im seeing if he is a top 20-15.

i thin we are trying to make harden an alpha which is why we are giving him the ball a lot and seeing what he can do on the court. does anyone remember when adelman would tell ariza to shoot away? i think we are testing him out.

i think lin is injured still, not as explosive as he was last season. he can be a dominant PG though imo he has the skill set, ive always said it from the first time i saw him play here in houston. i think he is discouraged right now from shooting, but i also think that since he is not 100% coaches do not want him driving to the basket and risking injury. hes not so much a shooter and thats why we are making him shoot a lot to get him to get use to it.

20. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I wish his daughter well and compared to Sampson, McHale is like Phil Jackson.