1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Times You've Met Rockets Players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MingMingDynasty, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Dream Shake 81

Matt Bullard
    Clyde
    Cuttino - best buy
    Kelvin Kato- Best buy- He was a cheap ass mo fo with a bad attitude. While i was helping him somebody yelled "We Want Our Money Back!"...LOL.

the best: Yao Ming. - I have been getting my haircut by this Oriental lady for years. She tells me I have to wait after I get a cut this one time B/C Yao was going to come next. Yao Rolls in, she goes " The guy behind you (me) has a similar shaped head..lol.... and she gives him the same exact cut as me..LOL. He signed a ball for me as a wedding gift.

- wish i could post a pic on this forum i would show you the pic I took and how similar it is to his... SO yes he copied my hairstyle.

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

Prayed next to The Dream on several different occasions.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Talked to Kenny Smith in line @ IHOP in Sugar Land he was waiting for his seat I was waiting for my take out order. Got a dollar signed

Talked to Steve Francis @ First Colony Mall Polo Men's section (before the remodel) he was just standing there leaning on the cash register box. It was strange. Got a dollar signed

Moochie Norris came in to watch a movie when I was working @ Tinseltown.. He ordered a Grilled Chicken sandwich and fries. I made it then got a dollar signed.

Tina Thompson @ first colony she was a jack ass to me and I never liked her after this meeting (still loved the Comets though) got a dollar signed but didn't really want it.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So... I have met a lot of Rockets players on multiple occasions. I think my favorite encounter was with Mr. Mean at Sherlocks. Anyways, thats not the point of this post.

Tonight was the pinnacle - Daryl Morey came into Chili's off 59 and Kirby. The kicker, I was about 4ft away from his table.

The table next to me looked like the cast of Big Bang theory. Chess club meeting... nothing special. Until Daryl Morey walks in and sits at their table.

I assume the group was his analytical staff, really, I don't know. I have no clue. But I am pretty damn sure that is exactly what it was.

The second he sat down I shut up. I was listening soooo hard. They (by they, really I mean just DM, nobody else said a word) were talking business. Unfortunately I heard nothing substantial, I couldn't even make out much more than a few words.

What I did hear; "Utah beat writer", "David Andersen", and a few buzz
    words like, "skillset"... they were definitely talking draft.

As I got up to leave DM looked me in the eye. I know he reads this forum, I know he saw me give him a look, he knew at that moment I'd be posting this. He just knew. What else can I say?

Wish I had something awesome to share. I don't. But I tried. It was a blast.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You're the Mata Hari of Clutchfans, Ziggy! Good job!

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

good read Ziggy, repped

So are Utah beat writers clamoring for David Andersen for his skillset? lol

7. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Think they were talking about Pekovic and how his game compared to Andersen?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That I couldn't say. They were definitely talking about a prospect though. Someone who hadn't played in the NBA yet. I assumed draft talk.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, the rumor was that the Rockets are considering 14th+Andersen for 23rd+Pekovic. Hmmm..

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I hope that rumor isn't true, that would be a horrible trade!

--RB

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nice knowing ya Ziggy...

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

dude next time pull some Jason Bourne stunt....spill his drink on your way to the restroom, then "borrow" his blackberry as he's drying off in the restroom, direct upload to clutchfans :grin:

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wow... stealing Morey's Blackberry. That would be an epic feat.

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

BAZZINGA!!

WOW... Dude, you are freakin awesome! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. You should have went up to him and started talking Rockets basketball!!

15. worzel gummidge

Ante Tomic? Jazz own his rights (2nd rounder) and they did give away Ronnie Brewer to save $$$ this season.

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1455/fiba_interviews_morey_in_croatia/
    http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/05/minnesota-timberwolves-eyeing-ante.html
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4xpIv8HzV4w&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4xpIv8HzV4w&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. harees95

harees95 Member

I saw Mcgrady at First clony mall 2 years ago. I see Olojuwon oftenly at my mosque. I saw Luther Head outside of Toyota center once and I saw Rudy T at a gas station once.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Outstanding....Clutchfans are everywhere.

DD

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

19. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

I've been a fan since '78 when I first moved to Houston and have met many of the players including Dream, Stick, Lloyd, Malone, Murphy, Mad Max, Leavell, Reid, Floyd, Kenny "the jet" Smith, Two Sandwiches, Francis, Mobley, Harrington, Barkley, Yao, Bullard, Gene Peterson, Chuck Hayes, T-Mac & many others... (most at Rockets events or hanging out after the games).

I actually sold programs in the Championship years, but the two most personal moments that comes to mind are when I met Bill Laimbeer and Dennis Johnson (although neither ever played for the Rockets).

I was in HS and Detroit was 10-0 and lost to the Rockets - so Detroit suffered their first loss of the season. It was well after the game and I was roaming around the Summit underground and saw Bill Laimbeer. Detroit was actually my second favorite team at the time because I hated Boston, however I saw Bill Laimbeer and went up to him and asked him to sign a Pistons pennant and he said no. I said "seriously" and he told me "no" and to get out of his way.

Bill Laimbeer was just as much a jerk off the court as he was on it.

My other experience was around the same time. I skipped a day of school to see the Boston Celtics (I was a autograph collector at the time). It was the year Bird had bone spurs and wasn't with the team (maybe '88 or '89) and I went to the Westin Galleria (where they stayed a the time) and Dennis Johnson saw me in the lobby and noticed that I had a Celtics pennant. He walked over to me and struck up a conversation. It was the only time I've ever been approached by a professional athlete. I will always remember him being kind and respectful even though I was a 17 or 18 year old kid that didn't have anything to offer that would benefit him. RIP.

I've met Grant Hill who refused to sign a basketball in the Galleria even though no one else was around, AI who had a towel ever his head and was on his cell phone, and Scotty Pippen who was in his car and refused to look at me even thought I was at his window and no one else was around.

For those reasons, I'll always remember the kindness of DJ and a few others (Franchise, Bull, Maxwell, Dream, Ralph, etc.) that did have the time to appreciate their fans.

20. Chamillionaire

[​IMG]

one of my favorite rocket of all time. a very cool dude.