1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to honor Westbrooks best game in a Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 20, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Westbrook always gives 100% but isn't a great shooter" isnt exactly a hot take, CF. The hot take is that his100%, even with bad shots, puts pressure on Harden to give close to 100%.

hakeem94, Tfor3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

he is the reason we won the game. he brought us back. him attacking the rims consistently in the 3rd really wore the entire clippers roster.

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you could see it in the clippers faces... everytime got a rebound or outlet pass and started charging up the floor. they huffin and puffin trying to get back like why won't he just take a break ? [​IMG]

this is straight up imposing your will. Im so glad to have a player like this on the team. james sometimes lacks this especially when he is frustrated and won't go all out. westbrook attacking also helped free james up a little as doc realized westbrook was killing them and he needed to give more attention to him instead.

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Wow what a lukewarm review lmao

hakeem94 and Lawlruschang like this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yup this is what morey and harden envisioned.

hakeem94, King1, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Russ is the only Rocket player other than Harden to score 40 in a game.

That's why I approved the trade, he can explode and have good nights and Harden can have a bad half like that and the team can still survive because you know if Harden has a bad half he's going to explode in the 2nd.

hakeem94, Fyreball, seclusion and 8 others like this.
  7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is what Russ' power is. He saves Beard's energy. When CP3 initially worked it was with the 2nd team after Harden had killed them early. Russ is a bomb that you just need to let go off. His relentless attacking is his skill set. Let him go off. I would want him to trim down the TOs and give up the majority of his long jumpers in place of more passing and penetration. Beard or the others can take all of his shots. If he gets a wide open set 3 then he should take it. I would be happy with 5 of those a game and the rest drives. Let him burn the other team out. Ideally, I would have him at 15 attempts a game but that is just wishful thinking. You can look back at the history but when his attempts are down he is brutally efficient and effective and then all of his assists, rebounds, and drives really prove what a special player he can be. I never criticized him for heart.

hakeem94, Fyreball, joshuaao and 10 others like this.
  8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Agree that Westbrook can be effective through energy and speed while also being stupid (crazy dunk attempt in 4th), but I'm fantasizing about the possibility of the Rockets managing to shift his play towards just a slightly better game plan. I don't think it will happen this season (much), and hopefully it doesn't have to for us to be very successful, but if he can add some skills in the offseason like Harden has, then his game might also age better. How hard could it be for him to improve his spot-up shooting percentages?

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Also check 1:39, Westbrook grabs his hand after he gets the ball slapped away. Seems to reinforce the belief that he's rehabbing injured fingers.

2:00, seems to be awkwardly clutching his hands, then you can see him twiddling his fingers as if he's trying to "walk off" or shake off some pain as Lou drives to the cup.

Really starting to think his shooting woes are because of his fingers, and not some Clutchfans conspiracy.

10. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

People can talk about efficiency as it is a concern in today’s game, but one thing you cannot quantify is heart. Also, Westbrook has athleticism unlike the majority of people in the game. If he sticks to his strengths we will go deep into the playoffs and challenge for a chip. The San Antonio game will be our turning point. What a great performance last night. I believe. #clutchcity #doubleclutch #tripleclutchatlast

11. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

The man has #heart #will and a #chip on his shoulder. He is not necessarily humble but you bet your ass he’s #hungry

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Cut him some slack (I also messaged my brother during the game and said his decision making on some of the fast breaks is bad)

When you're going that fast you can't be pin point every time.

Just be thankful that those turnovers are drastically reduced when he's at breakneck speed than what they were to start the season.

hakeem94 and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  13. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Love and respect for what cp3 did his first year here. Unfortunately, Father Time caught up to him. WB is still a young buck and he’s hungry.

hakeem94, macan and jcmoon like this.
  14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The speed to the basket is unreal. I think he has Superman speed. Memo to Rockets players not number 0- if you see Brodie drive to the basket, please go to the basket to get that 1 offensive rebound and 2 points.

hakeem94, D-rock and deb4rockets like this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If we get this team come playoff time, we gonna be in the finals no doubt, because i personally think clippers are better than Lakers. and we can see if true come Christmas. Exciting times for basketball fans gotta love it :)

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Not so long ago, the narrative seemed to be CP3 was a better option than WB. Now, we are seeing this isn’t true and it looks like just more time was needed. If this continues to shape up, then this pairing of WB and JH is the advantageous force that has awoken. So much for WB not being able to shoot. The dude is on fire.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The problem with CP3 is that he really never gave Harden a break because he just wanted Harden to run around off the ball. Westbrook actually gives Harden a break. There are possessions where Harden doesn't have to touch the ball and just play decoy at the top.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

My favorite Westbrook play was the attempted dunk vs Harrell. That was an FU attempt on Harrell and the whole Clipper team. That's how you go after a bully. It sends a message that we ain't scared. You can flex all you want but I'm the Deebo on this block. I loved the forearm to his face. It may have seemed reckless to some but those are important psychological moments. PJ took their heart. Russ tried to rip out their souls. I loved it.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Goooooood morning Westbrook haters! :cool:

#39 J.R., Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  20. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Cleverly disguised paging @DaDakota thread

[​IMG]