1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time To Do Our Part: Crowdsourcing Solutions To Empty Seats at TC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Im of the mindset that its lame to complain about this unless you are a season ticket holder.

You are part of “the problem” if you dont go to the games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Sir, that is brilliant. I am definitely trying that one.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Interesting how you just narrowly make that 5 years old account requirement ;)

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

How did I miss this??

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I know it’s giving the Trail Blazer my money but I go to every Rockets game here. If I was in Houston I’d be there. Maybe not lower but would be there if I could.

I’ll be at the game in Portland on the 9th, look for me behind the Rockets bench. Gonna be wearing 90’s era Rockets shirt and astros Champs hat, same one as on the field when they won.

Ozzy, ghettocheeze, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'd just lower your security (aka stop looking at tickets inside the stadium) when the lower bowl looks empty. Let folks sneak down at halftime or in the 2nd quarter. It won't hurt a thing and if it does, you can always ask the trouble maker for their ticket.

Ozzy, IvanLCPM, ghettocheeze and 4 others like this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This thread is for solutions, not complaining :)

Also, I have been to games this season and saw the conditions for myself before making this thread

Ozzy, hakeem94, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There's an amazon prime ad on my screen right now for a book called "Empty Seats."

Someone should buy it.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Ozzy and seeingredtx like this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Wasnt referring to you don lol. Not tryna single you out.

Im referring to the people in game threads that constantly bish about the toyota center attendance while chilling at home.

11. 2small2ball

2small2ball Member

As much as I like the Rockets, I absolutely hate driving to Toyota Center from Richmond/Rosenberg area. We need a fleet of Rockets Shuttle Buses that spread around the Houston Area! Preferably ones that serve alcohol on the way :)

Ozzy, ElDobleK, ghettocheeze and 2 others like this.
  12. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I’ve got it. I once was re-tweeted by Ben Simmons, who is on the same team a JJ and he is friends with CP3, maybe just maybe I can get a hold of CP3 and ask for a small donation of 150k and then ask if Money Bags harden would be up for upping the risk profile in the lower bowl and get 300k to invest in season tickets for us all?

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

A few thoughts from a fan that is there every game .

1) The upper bowl is pretty consistent .

2) lower bowl fills out throughout the game and is usually full after fans come back from halftime

3) our team is playing above expectations this year . If we keep up our impressive pace , fan excitement and engagement will catch up ... But it's a lagging thing .

Suggestions ....

1) later tip time ... I think pricing is set and the fact that the seat fill out later in the game means that people ARE coming , just not bringing energy at the start .

2) allow more fans to move down from upper bowl/ upper lower bowl. .... IMO if there is an open seat you should be able to sit in it , and if a person comes with a ticket then go back to your seat . .... OR alternatively have more "contests" and drawings to move to better seats .

Thoughts ...

I expect to see more consistent and loud crowds now that we are entering the Holliday season .

But what we really need is a later tip time or easier ways to get to downtown .. Then park ... Then in the stadium .

Right now doors open at 5:30 for 7 o clock games ... Make it earlier ... Give fans that show up early some extra incentive .

Les did the dollar hotdog thing last year right ? Find a similar promotion .

I don't blame Tilman for not taking super quick action because he is still probably trying to figure out lots of things

Maybe we can start a rockets tailgating culture ?

Ozzy, IvanLCPM, ghettocheeze and 5 others like this.
  14. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

There is a Weed shuttle here in Portland that takes you to the dispensary’s to Get weed smoke in a party bus while driving to see the town and dispensary’s they have here. They have packages that end at a blazers game. Maybe 8th wonder should sponsor something like that.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

How much of the lower bowl is season ticket holders? The majority, I would assume. My thought has always been its season ticket holders that don't give a flip abt their tickets if they don't have a client to take out or it's on a Mon-Wed night. I know this is how my dad's company was with their tickets, which is why I got to go to so many games growing up. But even my dad would want to leave midway through fourth.

We now take separate cars to sporting events

So what can we do to fill those seats and get the people out of the lounges earlier?

Would more delivery services to seats encourage people to get to their seats? Those bars are super crowded and sometimes hard to get a drink. Sure there is the social aspect, but hopefully people aren't paying 200 bucks a ticket to get into a stadium bar.

Just a thought.

As for season ticket holders not showing up... could we allow fans to fill the lower bowl after third quarter or something? Or encourage season ticket holders to relinquish their seats when they know they're not attending. Something easy like an app...isn't this basically the concept of stubhub? Haha

Great thread. This is a problem that must be solved. Maybe Mayor Turner can get a campaign going. Load the bowl!

DonKnock and seeingredtx like this.
  16. 2small2ball

2small2ball Member

A weed tour bus that takes you to dispensaries and then to a basketball game? How did this company get a hold of my dreams?

17. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Welcome to legal weed, I would say 80% of the people on the west coast smoke and not only smoke but many forms of ingesting cannabis. That’s exact why I started a farm and a dispensary. Any clutchfan that is in Portland the buds on me! And not talking Budweiser. Lol

Most companies don’t test for it in Oregon. No government jobs test at all.

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You're going to have to make it more exclusive to get tickets or extremely open...no middle ground.

Trust me, no little hot housewife is going to rush to do her make up to make it watch DeAndre Hopkins shoot his charity FT.

It needs to be, be in your seats by X time for discount alcohol or reduced costs of the seat. Meaning buy lower bowl seats for $200 per, make it by X time before tip off and it's now $175(and maybe +$50 if you're late, but that wouldn't fly). There's going to have to be a monetary incentive.

Or drop prices entirely, so crazy fans can afford it and do their thing.

SIL

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Gives a whole new meaning to a Blazers game.

dmoneybangbang, Blatz, Ozzy and 6 others like this.
  20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

All of this is pointless unless Tilman gets involved and I doubt he cares, otherwise, he would've done something by now.