1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time To Close Shop on Hating the Jazz

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CBrownFanClub, Aug 18, 2010.

1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

I was looking at the new Utah Jazz jerseys. They are terrific. Old school. Bold move. Credit where credit is due. THey pulled that off. New Orleans Jazz, Pistol Pete Maravich brand.

Yes.

So, as the Rockets art department jauntily enters year 14 of what is shaping up as a 40 journey through the graphics desert, gleefully ignoring our rich history in favor of bland lifeless logos, colors and uniforms, the Jazz did something right. I was going to post in that thread, and say that we need to take a page from their book and seriously consider scrapping our immensely boring logo and colors. But also, part of me thought about whether it was worth starting some weird garbage with someone about giving Utah credit for anything.

It got me thinking that we need to officially downgrade their status as objects of hate. Not because they are awesome. But because they are inconsequential. They're not a worthy nemisis.

They're fine. Whatever.

It's like having the Milwaukee Brewers as your enemy. Who cares? The Jazz beat us once and did not win a championship. We dusted them twice and did.

We care so much - why, exactly? Because Karl Malone threw elbows? Because Stockton played dirty? Because they beat McGrady in the first round a few years?

Most middle school basketball camps could beat Tracy McGrady in the first round. They are fine, whatever too.

Their fans suck. I'll give you that. But as an organization, they're essentially harmless. They're a nuisance, nothing more. They have redeemed themselves on occasion. Larry Miller was fine. Jerry Sloan is a fine coach - he pulled whoever that guy was - Snyder? - for mouthing off to Van Gundy. That was totally cool. Malone hit on Kobe's wife in LA. That ruled. Miller let Fischer out of his contract. That was cool. They're fine. They're Whatever.

The mavericks are a much better nemesis. Those guys are piss ants. The Jazz are fine. They're the Brewers.

Nice uniforms.

Yawn.

3 people like this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's not the jerseys, it's the players who are wearing them and the organization that is managing them.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

Get your flame shield out

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I hate their fans so they're directly related. Not much can be done about that.

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

This is my head reading this.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Eff you... Eff the jazz!!! :grin: :mad:

7. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

I agree to an extent...I mean who really cares, they really aren't worth mentioning anymore. To see the amount of attention they get on here, even if its hate, is nauseating.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

OFF WITH HIS HEAD

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

To each his own buddy, to each his own.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The new logo and jerseys serve as a direct REMINDER of the bad times. If they're taking it back to the old days, those old days were some of the crappiest times to support the Jazz.

12. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

effffffffffff the jizzz you should be banned from clutchfans! lol

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

As long as this d-bag is still on the roster, I will forever hate the j*zz!

[​IMG]

Warning, pic contains extreme ugliness. Not for the faint of heart, women or children.

14. DontTradeOswalt

I don't care if they come out with the coolest uniform I've ever seen tomorrow, the Jazz suck and will always suck because of their fans, their players and their city.

As for the Rockets, I kinda like the ketchup and mustard unis but I wish they'll bring back:

[​IMG]

Those are awesome

but the best logo and unis belong to the Sixers and Knicks imo

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I stopped reading at,, wait I didn't ever read the post. :p

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

The hate shop is still very much open for the Spazz. In fact the shop just received a new shipping on some classic hate items and the prices are still at a high.

18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

You must be really bored to post a thread like this. Wait, I must be more bored to be responding. :rolleyes:

19. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

agree with OP on every word. plus jazz fans don't care about the rockets as much as rockets fans care about the Jazz. it's kinda weird to see people just pick an enemy and keep hating on it. To me that only shows fear and insecurity for some reason.

I support the rockets because of Yao. I still just don't see why hating Jazz matters after all these years.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't "hate" the Jazz, per se. But I'll never root for them as long as two things still exist.

1. Jerry Sloan(or rather his system) - I respect Sloan as a coach. He's very good at what he does, and he's successful. But I can't stand his methods. He teaches his players the flopping way, which has been going on for a long time, even in the days when flopping wasn't widely spread. The Jazz has always been one of the best theatrical teams when it comes to selling the foul. I just can't root for that.

In addition, Sloan teaches his players how to foul a lot. Note that I say foul, not hard nosed defense. If you watched us under JVG, you'd see that one can play plenty of tough defense without fouling. But the Jazz doesn't do that. They foul... A LOT. I equate the Jazz method for fouling the same way George Karl had his Sonic teams play illegal D for entire games. They basically count on refs not calling the same stuff over and over. To me that's also a horrible way to play.

2. Their intimidating fans - I know there are plenty of city with douchbaggery fans. But none of them affect the game as much as Utah fans. Utah teams traditionally tend to have the worst home/road split in any given year. They get away with a lot at home that normal NBA teams never do. That is stupid.

My dislike of the Jazz really doesn't have anything to do with them beating us in the playoffs, or that they've been successful. It only has to do with the way they play, which I find both aesthetically displeasing, and generally against my basketball morals. It's the type of stuff I can overlook if it's my own team, but not if I have no rooting interest in a particular team.

3 people like this.