1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time Magazine reveals Cheney's secret hiding place!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rockHEAD, Jun 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well Iran has much more credible connections to Al Qaeda, according to the report. Oh crap. If we invaded Iraq based on the "evidence" presented, I guess we can gear up for Iran. That will be pretty and inexpensive to boot.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My impression of salmon pak is that it had nothing to do with the training of Al Qaeda operatives. Ironically that is the same conclusion that the 9/11 commission came to. The airplanes that the hijackers looked for were 767's and I think 757's?. They weren't 707's, and I haven't seen conclusive evidence of the techniques taught at the salmon pak facility and who they were taught to.

By the way remember Charles Taylor and Liberia? They had more connections with Al Qaeda than Iraq did as well.

3. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

If this WERE true, I am certain it would have found its way into the 9/11 commission report, which by all accounts, it hasn't.

The only people with stories about this place are right wing websites and bloggers. The 9/11 commission did not find the "evidence" you speak of credible or they would have included it in the report. It appears that it certainly could be a republican right wing fantasy.

It is mildly interesting, but had Al Qaeda operatives trained in Iraq before 9/11, it would have been somewhere between difficult and impossible to hide and as such, would have been documented and brought to light by the 9/11 commission.

What do bloggers and GOP pundits know that the 9/11 commission (made up of the same numbers of Dems and Reps) does not?

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

707 - I mean Tupelov -- I mean whatever will make you guys invade!

"Documented evidence?" If by "documented" you mean published lies....I guess that's right.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/8194211.htm

"Al Qurairy said in one exercise, students had to land helicopters on a speeding train and then hijack it."

Somebody's been watching too many movies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't believe we fell for this crap. :mad:

#84 SamFisher, Jun 18, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

plains, trains, and automobiles:

http://weeklystandard.com/content/public/articles/000/000/003/768rwsbj.asp?pg=1

6. basso

Supporting Member

i can't believe how, rather than an honest attept at finding out the truth (which apparently you can't handle), joyously you attempt to debunk anything that might raise doubt in the mind of eli pariser. :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

7. basso

Supporting Member

http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock040703.asp

8. basso

Supporting Member

more:

http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock040303.asp

9. SamFisher

Basso, the only thing you ever do is quote article after article from the Weekly Standard, NRO, whatever blog, etc incessantly, every single day. When your house of cards starts to collapse (as undeniably large parts of it have -- I can't even begin to begin to catalogue how many of the 100's of articles you have posted have turned out to be untrue, red herrings, or based on faulty info from since-discredited sources) you don't even acknowledge that it happens, you just move on to the next one.

These guys were lying about Salman Pak? OK, I'll find a new guy. Did the Administration f-ck up and feed us bogus info that they shouldn't have trusted. Yes, but it's Tenet's fault because he said "slam dunk" and I'll just ignore everything else. THe President just said "urgent peril", not "imminent threat"....

Do I harbor opinions about these items? yes. Will you be able to change them? Unlikely.

But don't pretend like you're making an "honest attempt at finding out the truth". That is crap. You willfully engage in ad hominem attacks, selective editing, cite exclusively to right wing sources, and threadisappear whenever you get burned on something.

You have a viewpoint, and it's whatever Bush's is on most issues, and you work to spread it by starting thread after thread either pro-bush, or anti-kerry, or some variant therof. But please, don't pretend like you're making an honest attempt to find out the truth, and we're just the fray. You're as partisan as they come; you're almost worse. At least traderjorge, etc is dismissable as a mere troll.

Now, if you want to believe fairy tales about Iraqis hijacking trains from helicopters, that's fine; but I will call it for what it is. Maybe it's partisan for me to say that, maybe it's not; I don't really care. But don't put yourself on a pedestal when you're as covered in it as anybody else here, if not more so.

10. SamFisher

Sorry bassy, but Hamza is one of the guys who was discredited when Chalabi was pushed out. As for Laurie whatshername, she's a joker; her big theory is that Saddam bombed the WTC the first time around in 93. I don't want to get in to why that is farfetched right now, but it makes Chalabi look rock solid by comparison.

Diddn't I already put that it this thread or was it another one? :confused:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1224824,00.html