1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time for Vin Baker to join Moochie on the IL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PiPdAdY33, Mar 16, 2005.

1. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

This is from another message board I visit, ya'll agree?

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

He got 1 reb!!!

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

2 rebounds and an assist

but as long as he has 6 fouls to give, he might be of some use

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

I say fly Bateer from CBA and have him fight with Baker for that spot.

Seriously, I just feel sad when I see Baker. This was a PLAYER, damn those booz.

5. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

With Wesley playing point when Sura and James are on the bench, Barrett is of little use. We'd have to cut him and add an NBDL prospect. I know I'm just stating the obvious, but we need to make a move quick. There are some tough PF matchups coming up, and it's obvious Weatherspoon won't cut it.

6. harumph

harumph Member

at least he gives us 6 fouls at the PF spot... 2rbs in 6min aint bad, though his shot was way off today (and most days prior to this;))

btw who do we have on the IL now apart from moochie? who will come off it for howard?

7. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

He's played in 2 games.. give him time

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Yeah, he doesn't look very good.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Hasn't the deadline passed for acquiring players that will be eligible for the playoff rosters?

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Like you needed to go to another message board to hear that. Baker is done. That expiring contract and the dejection felt by opposing teams that allow him to enter the blowout game is all that he is worth.

11. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Hey Van was right about the Rockets making a trade the next day so when he says the Rockets will go out and get another big man here in a few days, i gotta believe him.

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Barrett and Ward. Leave Baker on the bench for the fouls at least. Unless you want to send Moochie or Barrett out to wrap around Duncan and the rest.

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Pig Miller has to be floating around somewhere.
    Thomas "Two Sandwiches" Hamilton anyone?

14. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

There was a dude that screwed up. He was handed a spot on the team because of his size...played halfway decent enough to get some minutes...then threw it all away because he wouldn't hustle.

15. drpepper

drpepper Member

Look!, Baker may have some value next year. How you ask?

Well, next season some teams may be looking to unload some unwanted players and contracts for expiring ones and Baker and his (supposed) 2 mill along with Weatherspoon's would give us a player in the 6-7 mill a year type player. We've all learned CD is not stupid and may have a bigger plan for Baker.

:D :D

16. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Well we don't want to waive him, just put him on the IL.

17. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

we might as well give him the month to show and prove. He'll be out when Zo gets back anyway, he may have a bit of juice left in the tank, even if its only unleaded

18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

At this point we are not going to find anyone better who is not in the NBA and even if we could he could not be on the playoff roster (unless someone informs of us a loophole).

Might as well keep him active on the roster and keep given him for garbage minutes, or if he improves through getting real action, maybe more. He also is our only 3rd team center.

Besides, I have seen worse players than the current Vin Baker, he moved better than I thought he would based what I had heard around here.

19. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Yeah, he's not exactly slow. As a backup, if he can defend and rebound decent, he's not worthless.

Remember that Weatherspoon had a calf injury earlier in the season......you never know what may happen.

20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I say give the guy a bit of a break. he has been doing nothing but riding the pine and playing in practice the whole season. You can't expect him to be in game shape when he gets put in there.

He will never be the Baker of old. But im sure once he gets a bit of his legs back and into the swing of things he will be servicable.