1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Donaghy: NBA suspends Green to prolong finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Jun 14, 2016.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Kept his mouth shut? Doesn't he call "fix" every time anything remotely controversial happens in the NBA?

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and i said "DONKEY'S FIRST NUTS KICK ON ADAMS", which refers to the prior game -- donkey kicked him in the nuts 2 games in a row

3. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

He wasn't trying to HIT him in the crotch to hurt him. He lightly swiped it to get his attention and clearly did not hurt him AT ALL. Its beyond stupid to think that at that moment Draymond thought, I'm going to hit him right in groin to make him wince in pain. It was a light touch. I don't consider a light swipe "hitting" or "trying to hit him" in the crotch.

No way they call that on anyone else other than Draymond Green. And no one they call that if it Warriors weren't up 3-1. In isolation it was a bad call. Its no more a flagrant than when a player takes exception to something and you see a light shove as a reaction.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Next time I try to get someone's attention, instead of saying "Hey" or tapping them on the shoulder, I'll sack tap them.

D-rock likes this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

maybe donkey just learned it from dwight (on canaan) :grin:

6. VBG

VBG Member

Yup. He does. He's just desperate for attention.

Also, the NBA TV deal is already signed. I also don't think Tim understands flagrant 2s vs flagrant 1s which is kind of sad.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wasn't it publicly established that they specifically told the refs to pay attention to Yao's moving screen after Cuban sent the video to the league?

I wouldn't be surprised someone complained to the league about Green's nut hitting habit.

8. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Yeah, that was when we got nutpunched. Just thinking about it sends me into falsetto.

The erratic reffing in the current playoffs is far less extreme. Green is just one player, and his suspension affected just one game. When we played Dallas, they changed the rules so that our offense became illegal.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

People have long been jealous of the fame and excess money basketball players get. (Been saying it since I joined, that every single star player is considered "overrated" somehow lol) Expressed resentment and hatred directly correlates to increased amount of money players make.

Even more you have actual commentators/former players like Charles Barkley grumbling that the league is poor on-court quality. It seems NO ONE is in it for fun, theyre in it for some talking points.

Expect it to be even WORSE after the salary cap goes up this coming season. Gonna get more attackd on player character of them being "arrogant" and that type of thing

(It seems the LA and NY media bias narrative has gone away at least)

10. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

F@ck Donaghy! Rockets should've beat the Mavs in '05!

I don't want to hear any opinions from that piece of ****

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Crooked employee talks crap about former employer. News at 11.

This guy was kicked out of the league ten years ago. What insight could he possibly give about the NBA at this point? There's a new commish and changes to the rules and procedures. How much can one know about the company they worked at a decade ago? Not to mention any who's fired is usually shunned. He's completely out of touch. I get that he needs to make money though, but who takes what he says seriously?

12. BackdoorHarden

Ian O'Connor @Ian_OConnor
    [​IMG]

For those of you old enough, who would you rather punch in the face with a free shot, Bill Laimbeer or Draymond Green?

13. BackdoorHarden