1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tiger cub found in luggage in Thai airport

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pickymen, Aug 28, 2010.

1. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20100827/tap-thailand-iran-wildlife-crime-c8d5519.html

BANGKOK (AFP) - – A two-month-old tiger cub was discovered hidden with a stuffed tiger toys in the baggage of a woman heading to Iran from Thailand, wildlife protection officials said Friday.

The 31-year-old Thai woman, who has not been named, was arrested on Sunday night after the tiger was spotted by X-ray staff in overweight luggage destined for the cargo hold.

An official from the Wild Fauna and Flora Protection Division said the cub was drugged and placed in the bag with the toys -- apparently to make it appear as if it were a stuffed animal.

"He was very calm, half asleep and half awake when we rescued him," he said.

The cub was found at Thailand's Suvarnabhumi Airport and has since been sent to a rescue centre.

It is not yet known whether the animal was wild or had been bred in captivity.

The woman, who admitted carrying the tiger, according to officials, faces four years in prison, a 40,000-baht (1,280-dollar) fine or both for possessing and smuggling an endangered animal.

Manop Lauprasert, of the ASEAN Wildlife Enforcement Network applauded the successful operation.

"We are all very happy to have saved this tiger cub from entering the illegal trade," he said.

-----------------

I'm glad that the tiger cub has been rescued. I wish the officials could find and arrest the people behind this.

2. Mae

Mae Member

[​IMG]

Awww. I can't believe she sedated him and stuffed him in a bag full of toys.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

At first blink I thought this was going to be about Tiger Woods having a kid out of wedlock.

(which I'm sure is to come at some point soon)