1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tierre Brown's move last night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ejax06, Dec 2, 2001.

1. ejax06

ejax06 Member

Did you see the move that Tierre Brown made on Antonio Daniels in the 4th quarter last night? Those kind of moves and his passing are quickly making Brown a fan favorite. If he continues being a spark plug off the bench, he will replace Moochie as a fan favorite. With a few more games under his belt to build his confidence and if he can cut down on some of his turnovers, he may even take some of Moochie's back-up minutes when Steve returns. The turnovers are gonna come with his style of play, but if he can keep them to a minimum, Brown is definitely a keeper.

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

That move was amazing, but I don't think that he will become a bigger fan favorite than Mooch, or will take Mooch's minutes, unless he plays great for the next couple of weeks with Steve gone. He is a keeper though.

3. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

That move was indeed incredible. As far as fan favorites are concerned, don't be surprised if just about everyone on the team surpassed Mooch. Many, such as myself, are already annoyed by his average play and his enormous contract. I'm a bigger fan of Cato right now. :eek:

4. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Uh, when Stevie comes back, won't Tierre go back on the Injured Reserve List? :confused:

5. tozai

tozai Member

Yes that move was sick but I have a feeling he can do alot more than has been seen. He's been getting more and more playing time and I am starting to wish we never signed mooch. Everyone loves Moochie's hair, and that is my theory to why he was a fan favorite. Tierre won't be put on the IR if Langhi is on the IR, but Rudy is probably too stupid to realize the kid's potential. Oh well, I'll enjoy watching him play while I can.

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

That was hellishly sick. Crossover so bad AD sways off balance, behind-the-legs dribble that gets him even more, and then a reverse layup.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

At the game, the 3 biggest cheers from the crowd was when

1. Mooch hit the J and fell down

2. Ti's move

3. Example straight up blocks Duncan!!!

7. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

He will if he can manage to grow a 'fro.

8. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

So does that mean that Tierre gets an over-the-top 6-year contract like the Moochie-man as well?

9. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Despite the stat line, I thought Tierre looked good again tonight in his limited minutes. A young player, but seemed like he had some good instincts. Wasn't too happy with the way Mooch kept getting trapped by the double-team, but I didn't see the whole game and it seems like he was marginally effective.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

How effective is tierre brown at shooting? I don't get to see games but from what everyone here is saying I'm thinking we can send mooche for something really good. Give up mooche walt and cato langhi and collie. i'm sure we can at least get something out of that bunch. maybe a sufficient big man.