1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thunder to sign Derek Fisher

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Feb 25, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Please Allah no

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yep. It's bad karma for Fisher and I hope he reaps what he sows.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

why would the lakers want him? they already have nash and blake

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

interesting.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Nothin' but class from the Fishmeister. I mean come on, the guy left a winning program in Utah to go to the struggling Lakers and turned them into a championship team. Then, he requested a trade to Houston so that he could bring his winning essence here, but the evil Darryl Morey sent him away. He tried to make a comeback with the Mavs, but they already understood how to win so he went to the struggling OKC to bring in some much needed veteran leadership. All in all, Fish is the Robin Hood of the NBA.

The End?

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

derek fisher is a solid pickup for OKC. i wouldn't mind having fisher as our backup PG. he could provide veteran leadership and he always hits the big dagger 3 when it counts.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

this guy is disgusting.

at least he has now put to rest any doubt that he was using his daughter's eye cancer to get out of utah.

there's a special place in hell for people like him.

8. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Agreed. Karma is a b****.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Zboy is right. Fisher repeatedly used the child as a pretense. That is despicable.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its easy to understand it once or twice, but he does this over and over in situations where it shouldn't come up. I hate Derrick Fisher , always have, the Scola shove in the playoffs just cemented it.

11. rockets13champs

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He said he "wanted to be with his family" to get released by the Mav's. I guess his family doesn't mean as much to him anymore...

13. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

wow....he's back again....def on my top five hate list. makes me wish we retaliated after that cheap shot on scola a few years back.

14. teebone21

teebone21 Member

love how this A HOLE refused to even step in the city of houston when traded her but will easily run back to the team that threw him away

15. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Derek Fisher is a true professional, I hope he retires a Rocket.
    Oh wait...

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I saw a lot of Lakers games during their prime. Fisher isn't remarkable but he didn't have to be:

Knows plays, sets stars up, doesn't get destroyed on defense all the time by following team plan, and shoots a good random three when the team needs momentum... or likewise flagrants a player to destroy the opposing team's momentum.

It's like a cheap, low class, short b**** version of battier.

Calling him a jock sniffer to Kobe's a bit unfair, since it takes a lot out of a player to work with Kobe...

Using family reasons is pretty ****ty, but it's that or outright saying you don't want to play in that city. The man's 38. It's not like he's a crucial part to any team, but because of his experience winning teams will pick him up for that edge.

It worked for the Heat with battier

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

But Battier can still contribute to a team. Fisher is absolute ****, can't shoot/dribble/or defend.

18. carayip

carayip Member

You must be kidding. :rolleyes:

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm 100% sure that Fisher will either leave OKC due to "family reasons", or get traded then request to be bought out due to "family reasons".

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Leaves Utah and "retires" because of "family" issues relating to daughters health. Says he will move to NYC for his daughters treatment. Signs with LA that season, who happens to be a major contender.

Gets traded from LA to Houston; does not report to Houston at all for no reason specified. gets released because he does not report to the team. Signs with OKC that same year. OKC is a major contender.

Signs with Dallas for money; quits mid season claiming he needs more time for family, and more time for daughter's health. Signs with contender OKC same year.

I see a pattern here.