1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thug Life: White House threatens Woodward

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Feb 27, 2013.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BOB WOODWARD: A 'Very Senior' White House Person Warned Me I'd 'Regret' What I'm Doing
    Brett LoGiurato | Feb. 27, 2013, 6:53 PM | 308,755 | 326

Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer said that the network invited a White House official to debate Woodward on-air, but the White House declined.
    "I think they're confused," Woodward said of the White House's pushback on his reporting.

Earlier today on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Woodward ripped into Obama in what has become an ongoing feud between the veteran Washington Post journalist and the White House. Woodward said Obama was showing a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

The Defense Department said in early February that it would not deploy the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf, citing budget concerns relating to the looming cuts known as the sequester.

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said on MSNBC.
    "Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document?"

Woodward began stirring controversy last weekend, when he called out Obama for what he said was "moving the goal posts" on the sequester by requesting that revenue be part of a deal to avert it.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-...reporting-price-politics-2013-2#ixzz2M9ia3qsL

2. AbrahamLincoln

Interesting. I took quite a few journalism class in my undergrad here in NY. The professors had previously With Bob Woodward at the Washington Post and had met him personally. The editor of the Post talked to my class. The editor never spoke bad of him he was very professional but my professors did. None of them had much respect for the guy and constantly talked down about him and question his methods.. Perhaps there is a more specific reason why they feel that way but many expletives and stories were told about him nonetheless.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Chicago machine-style politics at work. Obama cannot handle criticism at all. Probably because he's defensive of his poor leadership and flip-flopping on the sequestration topic.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You are the epitome of a propaganda machine.

5. basso

Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Scoop: Gene Sperling sent the Woodwrad email, I'm told <a href="http://t.co/f7pinidqGF" title="http://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/gene-sperling-bob-woodward">buzzfeed.com/bensmith/gene-…</a></p>&mdash; Ben Smith (@BuzzFeedBen) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedBen/status/306956977471361024">February 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. basso

Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Woodward’s managed to make me suspect Nixon got a raw deal.</p>&mdash; Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/306953371573698560">February 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Wow, this changes everything.

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

basso you should post more tweets. SIREN!

9. basso

Supporting Member

for those of you who don't get the Nixon reference, or know who woodward is, the once was a scandal called Watergate, and Nixon had to resign.

it was kind of like Benghazi, but nobody died.

1 person likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently you don't know what Watergate was or why Nixon had to resign.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Woodward's at his best behind a typewriter, all this proves to me is that cable news talk shows cheapen everything.

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

How so? Are his words any different in print versus said aloud by the man himself? Not surprised to see a bunch of deflection (attack the OP and a respected journalist), rather than some discussion on the information he provided. Gotta marginalize people who don't think like you, right?!

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Get some perspective

Under the watchful eye of George W. Bush 11 United States Embassies were attacked resulting in 53 deaths, and 90 injuries (we won't mention 911).

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

basso continues to troll along racial lines. Nice.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The liberals continue to just lazily toss the race card when Obama's criticized.

Seriously, the liberals act is so tired. The boy who cried wolf...

16. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Thug life? :confused:

Please elaborate.

#18 sammy, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, I get it. "Thug life" means President Obama's black right? Black for the next four years?

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well apparently it was all much ado about nothing. Woodward was trying to make publicity and make a scene.

The actual email exchanged was published and it's clear Woodward didn't take it as a threat at all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/28/bob-woodward-emails-white-house-threat_n_2781052.html

Feel free to lock the thread and laugh at Woodward.