1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Throwback] Yao Ming 36 Pts,19 Rebs vs Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rox4lyf, Apr 2, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're on roll again brother!

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

What's with these Draymond Green comnents? That midget is overrated. Only reason he's good is because of his team around him. Play him one on one with Aldridge, Draymond Green will get owned that midget. Draymond Green is a good passer, I'll give him that. And he is a good team player and brings good chemistry. But put him against a good power forward like Aldridge, he's done. He's also been so good for the Warriors because of the team's system and chemistry. Put him on another team he'll be a back up or a D League player.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

And I don't know what y'all see in Green, he's just a good role player that fits the Warriors system. Put Green on a team with no stars, and you will never hear about him again. I never seen a more overrated player than Draymond Green. Look at his video highlights? He's average at best, he only makes triple double against the 76ers and Wolves lmao. He's a good passer and a good team player I'll give him that. But put him on a crap team, we will NEVER hear from him again.

4. rocketsmetalspd

Damn been spoiled as a Rocket fan having to witness Centers that can play the post up game:

Top Centers in Rockets History:

1. Dream
    2. Malone
    3. Hayes
    4. Yao
    5. Sampson
    6. Howard

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sampson had unlimited potential, at least we remember 86 .

6. ibm

ibm Member

great post. a pleasant read.

7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Damn, Yao looks so huge against all GS players, Yao would be absolutely unstoppable in today's NBA, where everybody is shooting 3s, Yao would have all layups and dunks all day long

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

A big man who makes free throws, jump shots, and post moves.....looks like a max player to me

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I remember Eduardo Najera shutting Yao down every year. Draymond Green is a dirtier version of him, so we would have a lot of issues with this Warriors team.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I didn't know the refs told the Jazz to front Yao every possession. Wow, new information.

11. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Yaos legs weigh more than draymond. He could front but he's only what 6 8. Yao was 7 6.

12. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Anyone can be shut down if the opponents sticks 2 players on you, and dare your teammates to beat them.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yao dominated against size. He dominated Dwight, He dominated Bradley, Dominated tons of bigs but he was always weak against speed. Guard routinely stripped him from the weak side.